Our Client is a chemical product manufacturer located approximately 15 minutes west of Edmonton, Alberta. For the past 15 years, the company has performed and perfected research and development of chemicals for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our Client currently manufactures over 250 chemical products, and is a Canadian leader in providing green chemistry. The company has developed and licensed numerous green chemical products in North America and Asia, providing innovative solutions to many chemical problems.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Buyer / Purchaser will primarily perform the purchase and inventory of chemical ingredients, and the fulfillment and customer delivery of chemical product orders. The position will overlap with other departments (e.g. Lab, Testing, Q/C, Accounts, Labeling…), and therefore will require considerable interaction and collaboration with operational team leaders.
The Ideal Candidate
- The Buyer / Purchaser should possess 1-2 years prior relevant purchasing experience and some knowledge of chemical products and their applications within at least a few related industries served by our Client.
- The individual will have demonstrated their ability to work in a team environment and the capacity to contribute and perform roles and responsibilities outside their primary scope.
- The candidate will require strong computer and math skills, along with good analytical problem solving skills.
- In addition to possessing professional people skills, the individual will require strong oral and written communication skills.
- The individual will need to possess, acquire, and maintain relevant safety certifications (e.g. WHMIS), and adhere to company and industry safety rules, procedures and standards.
Education and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma, certificate, or relevant training.
- 1-2 yrs relevant experience as a buyer / purchaser preferably of chemical products.
- Demonstrated experience working with vendors, maintaining business relationships, negotiating pricing, acquiring quotations, and completing expediting activities.
- Experience in managing data files, product information, and labeling.
- Experience in creating purchasing orders, use and application of accounting systems, and addressing invoice variances.
- Experience negotiating / considering special arrangements based on vendor quantity, price, quality, delivery and shipping points.
- Strong people relationship and communication skills.
- Accomplished computer skills.
- Knowledge of Business Vision accounting system would be an asset.
- A problem solver.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License.
Remuneration: Base salary will be commensurate upon experience. This position includes a 100% employer funded benefits plan.
Note: Employment will be conditional upon satisfactory submission / completion of a Driver’s Abstract, Criminal Records Check, and Drug and Alcohol Testing.
Expressions of interest and resume may be sent in confidence to:
Ken Glover, BSc., RPR