BOS Innovations Inc. (www.bosinnovations.ca) is a private company based in Dorchester, ON (adjacent to London, ON). A little more than 20 years ago the late Casey Huigenbos, company Founder, saw a demand among manufacturers seeking to improve their operational productivity and competitiveness through automation solutions. Today, BOS Innovations has progressed to provide a variety of leading-edge industrial automation and robotic integrated technological solutions to a variety of industries throughout Canada, North America, Mexico, and China.
By working with BOS, companies achieve greater productivity and profitability through automation. The company offers a variety of products and services in machine building and integration of automation and robotics including: Assembly Systems; Laser Automation; Welding Automation; Machine Tending and Post Processing; and Collaborative Robotics.
Under the newly established Strategic Plan, BOS Innovations has a clear vision for domestic and international growth. The VP of Operations will be an integral individual in implementing and executing the company’s growth strategy.
Job Title: Vice President, Operations
Reports to: President
Direct Reports: 5 (Director of Engineering, Director of Manufacturing, Project Management Department Leader, Supply Chain Management Lead, and Service & Support Manager)
Employee Count: 90 – 100 (including interns)
Office and Facility Location: 40,000 sqft facility in Dorchester, Ontario, Canada
The VP, Operations reports directly to the President and will be considered and engaged as a member of the leadership team where they will help communicate, implement and shape the company’s growth strategy. The VP, Operations will oversee, guide and influence continuous improvement throughout the scope of business operations including; engineering, manufacturing, assembly, installation, quality and project management.
- Lead business growth and profitability through operational excellence and the efficient use of technology, equipment, staff, and other resources.
- Promote, foster, and instill a quality-customer-business success focused culture.
- Manage all relevant resources, assets and infrastructure in a prudent manner.
- P&L accountability relevant to operations.
- Ensure an effective operations structure for the company by assigning and addressing staffing, providing effective succession, productivity KPI’s, team development and employee engagement.
- Establish communication protocols to help ensure clarity, consistency, and efficiencies.
- Asses and manage risk.
- Recommend to the President and Leadership Team via a business case, any major operational or capital investments.
- Ensure operations comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and company standards for conduct, and relevant approved policies.
- Report on company operations to the President and Leadership Team as required and, in a manner, as established.
- Critical Thinking: Open, curious, practical and optimistic approach to operations, pursuing solutions and new opportunities for improvement.
- Visionary: The ability to develop and present a compelling shared vision of growth and continuous improvement.
- Business and Financial Acumen: Ability to apply sound business and principles to the operations to ensure positive, profitable outcomes.
- Manufacturing and Technology Relevance: Experience with manufacturing-technology based operations and the understanding and application of lean principles toward increasing productivity and profit.
- Innovation: Willingness to explore new ideas, systems and processes for success. A strong desire to constantly look for breakthrough ways to improve.
- Drive Accountability: Empower the team and staff to understand their accountability for the success of the business. Help develop competencies and or KPIs to enable that success.
- Results Driven: A desire to implement, improve, achieve, and bring things to a successful conclusion.
- Customer & Service Focus: Ensure customer satisfaction and quality remains the focus throughout operations; from start to finish.
- Inspire Others: Create a climate where the team desires to achieve.
- Communicative: Give clear direction and instruction and share information in an open and transparent manner to build understanding and alignment across the company.
- Principled: Foster an environment of collaboration and trust through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Anticipatory: Be cognizant of risk factors and market opportunities and be prepared to react.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, or a related trade combined with 8 + years of progressive operational leadership experience.
- Experience in factory automation or machine building e.g. automotive, consumer goods, or aerospace industries would be an asset.
- Experience working in a private mid-size business.
- Strong people management and project management skills with the ability to build, coach, inspire and engage a high-performing team.
- Proven track record in implementing strategies, executing plans, and improving ROI.
- A transparent, open and authentic leadership style that holds self and others accountable for delivering results through collaboration, innovation, engagement and trust.
- Flexible in style and approach to work varying disciplines.
- Analytical and able to use data metrics to drive the business forward.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with engineering design softwares such as Solid Works would be an asset.
Compensation will be commensurate upon experience. Base salary plus bonus structure and benefits. Relocation support will be available if required.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
This document may be subject to change.
Expressions of interest, resumes or questions regarding this opportunity should be communicated to: