Fort Edmonton Park is a living history museum standing on the threshold of a bold new chapter. Begun 50 years ago as a reconstruction of the old Fort Edmonton, the Park has grown to include four distinct eras, depicting the evolution of Edmonton’s early history.
Now, Fort Edmonton is embarking on a $165 million expansion and renovation that will set the stage for its evolution from a regional, seasonal attraction to a year-round, branded venue that will become nationally recognized as an iconic part of Alberta’s living history.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the senior management team that will guide Fort Edmonton through the next, critical stage of its journey.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the VP Finance & Administration will share responsibility for delivering on Fort Edmonton’s financial and operational objectives. Working in collaboration with other members of the management team, the VP will create and implement an enterprise strategy that successfully leverages a major capital investment to build a financially successful, world-class experiential brand and customer experience.
- Lead the finance and corporate services departments in their delivery of services to the operational departments of the organization.
- Collaborate with the CEO and the rest of the management team to create long- and short-term operating plans and establish associated operating and capital budgets.
- Provide consultative support for business management and strategic planning initiatives.
- Develop business plans and cost benefit analyses for new and/or expanding programs and services.
- Recommend and implement new and revised policies, procedures and initiatives to improve efficiency and performance.
- Proactively manage relationships with bankers, lenders, investors and key stakeholders (Board, City) to help ensure achievement of the organization’s goals.
- Understand funding arrangement and ability to meet debt/equity obligations and expectations.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain tight operational controls over annual budgets.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards in accordance with auditing standards.
- Coordinate the timely preparation and reporting of monthly and quarterly financial results.
- Coordinate the annual audit with the external auditors.
- Report the financial performance of the organization to the Finance and Capital Planning committee.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are an accomplished finance professional with the mindset of a General Manager. Your exceptional business acumen has helped you to identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve efficiency and enhance revenue streams, creating a solid track record of adding value in private enterprises that were experiencing growth and change.
Highly strategic, you have a gift for problem-solving and have always been drawn to positions with a broader, more operational scope. An analytical and creative thinker who is able to transform ideas into action, you are a results-focused leader with an entrepreneurial spirit. Energetic, positive and resourceful, you have a talent for building and leading high-performing teams but are also willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to get things done.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline; MBA preferred.
- CPA designation.
- A minimum of 10 years leadership experience, primarily with service-oriented private sector companies.
- Experience in the not for profit sector and/or working with Government would be an asset.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to analyze trends and make recommendations to improve financial results.
- Excellent leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to build and develop high-performing teams.
- A clear orientation towards tangible results, with the skills and patience to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, collaboration and presentation skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines and act as an agent of positive change.
- Experience working through a significant business change would be preferred.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search