Our client, a leading global manufacturer in the food processing industry, has earned a stellar reputation for innovative, premium, branded products that are distributed in 80 countries around the world. Guided by a clear mandate and uncompromising values, the company has experienced tremendous growth and success, and earned numerous industry awards.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the VP Capital Builds Projects will provide leadership, executive presence, strategic direction and oversight throughout the lifecycle of large scale construction projects valued at more than $600M. Collaborating with partners, both internal and external, the VP will ensure all project activities are on time and on budget, in order to successfully deliver high value construction projects that will significantly contribute to the continued expansion of a major global brand.
Specifically, the VP Capital Builds Projects will:
- Develop strategic plans that will advance the company’s mission;
- Provide executive, project and people management to the teams responsible for the build execution and handoff of capacity growth construction projects;
- Lead and implement strategies required to set up new builds in a way that safeguards the success of the project throughout the project lifecycle, up to and including project closeout and handoff to operations;
- Review and oversee all activities related to large projects, including executive responsibility for achieving all financial and operational expectations;
- Review and oversee schedule and procedures for completing key milestones, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources throughout the each project’s lifecycle;
- Participate in and/or lead, as required, project debriefing sessions and implement the appropriate process improvements;
- Maintain and further develop business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop, coach and mentor others across the project and the organization;
- Promote effective communications across all functional areas, including project management;
- Lead, participate and/or serve as the executive sponsor for all presentations to internal and external stakeholders;
- Assume executive sponsorship for projects during start-up and closeout, working closely with the business development team during the pursuit stage.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are an acknowledged expert at managing multiple major capital projects from site selection and contract negotiations through to post-construction installation of equipment, testing and commissioning. A seasoned and collaborative leader of people and projects, you are excited by the opportunity to contribute to a culture that focuses on growth, innovation and continuous improvement, and where everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding growth projects.
You could be the leader we’re looking for, if you have:
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience leading complex, major capital projects;
- Experience in the construction of major manufacturing facilities, ideally in the food processing industry in North America and internationally;
- The ability to work collaboratively with major construction, equipment, automation and logistics suppliers;
- The ability to work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders to define design/build specifications and successfully integrate new facilities into production following testing/commissioning;
- Strong technical, business, financial and legal acumen;
- Demonstrable strategic, operational and program management capabilities, with the ability to effectively lead large teams;
- Exemplary leadership skills to mentor, coach and grow talent;
- Proven leadership skills to guide multiple, simultaneous large scale construction projects and project teams through all phases;
- Proven experience in risk identification, management, and mitigation;
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolution skills;
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines, reacting to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently;
- Ability to travel internationally as required;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline.
To learn more about this outstanding opportunity, please contact:
Director, Executive & Professional Search