Champion Petfoods, a leading global manufacturer in the food processing industry, has earned a stellar reputation for innovative, premium, branded products that are distributed in more than 80 countries around the world. The company has an unwavering commitment to creating the very highest quality Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced. Guided by a clear mandate, uncompromising values, and a commitment to hiring and developing outstanding talent, the company has experienced tremendous growth and earned numerous industry awards.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned marketing professional to take Champion’s success to the next level by partnering with Customer Engagement (Sales), distributors and retailers to create effective regional go-to-market strategies and campaigns.
Reporting to the Director, Field Marketing and working in close collaboration with Customer Engagement, the Manager will lead the strategy, planning and execution of initiatives that build awareness and demand in regional markets across the United States. This is a remote position and can be based in any major U.S. city.
- Partner with Customer Engagement to build regional marketing plans with distributors and retailers.
- Provide active support to Customer Engagement in sales calls for key accounts.
- Work closely with Marketing Communications and Shelf/Education/Experience (S.E.E.) to launch regional campaigns focused on sales velocity and engagement from retail accounts.
- Forecast, measure and analyze impact of programs; produce reports and dashboards to demonstrate campaign progress and region/market/retailer success.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of trade/consumer shows and events with distributors, retailers and consumers to build the brands, develop sales pipeline and strengthen customer relationships.
- Analyze the marketing funnel, channel mix and customer segmentation to identify cost effective ways to increase awareness and drive trial/consumer demand.
- Be a role model of Champion’s culture and core values of teamwork, responsibility, authenticity, innovation and leadership.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are an entrepreneurial and experienced professional who combines an extensive knowledge of branding and marketing with a deep understanding of sales, distributors and retailers. Strategic, resourceful and collaborative, you have been an effective partner in translating a company’s branding and messaging into effective regional strategies that build awareness and drive sales in local markets.
Focused and data-driven, you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can demonstrate your talent for managing multiple projects, setting priorities, creating alignment across teams and hitting milestones. Passionate and results-oriented, you are excited by the opportunity to have a substantial impact on a well-respected, premium global brand.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in B2B and B2C marketing, including 3+ years in field marketing or key account management.
- Prior experience working with distributors and independent retailers.
- Successful track record of building and executing marketing strategies to grow regional sales volume and margin.
- Proven experience in various marketing functions, including demand generation, digital marketing, and online and traditional marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to drive revenue through highly effective and creative marketing with measured results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build productive working relationships with internal and external partners, including sales, distributors, retailers and key accounts.
- Hands-on knowledge of salesforce.com.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search