Our client, a young but established and well-funded international technology company is about to embark on its next exciting venture by establishing an office in Alberta. Using the company’s proprietary, ground-breaking platform, the Edmonton-based team will develop next-generation software that will redefine the limits of what is possible with the company’s platform.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Technical Director to create a brand-new product that will make an impact in the interactive entertainment industry. Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Technical Director will build and lead a team that will execute all technical aspects of the product, leveraging the capabilities of the company’s unique and proprietary platform to optimize the user experience.
- Develop and own the technical project plan and architecture.
- Recruit, mentor and manage the software development team, with full responsibility for its performance and output.
- Monitor and direct the enhancement of the overall software quality.
- Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process, and development discussions which impact the product.
- Distill and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, your first love may well have been programming. You still enjoy spending a bit of time at the keyboard, but your career and ambitions have since progressed to broader leadership roles. You have become adept at managing both people and projects, and have led teams that have developed cutting edge software you are proud to have played a part in. Strongly technical and detail-oriented, you are also able to step back and envision how the individual pieces come together to create new experiences that users love and want to share with their friends.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible programming experience.
- Three or more years of experience leading teams in the development of video games from concept through to launch.
- Prior work with a major AAA game engine (Unreal 4, Unity, Frostbite, Snowdrop, Anvil, Cryengine, Source Engine, etc.).
- A track record of effectively managing complex projects and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and mentor high-performance teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Current eligibility to work in Canada.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search
Although we appreciate all expressions of interest, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.