Our client, UK games tech start-up Improbable, is a well established, well-funded, growing international technology company that is about to embark on an exciting venture through its newly established office in Edmonton, Alberta. The Edmonton office will host leading talent from the games industry where they will be developing tools, technology and demos and representative game content designed to highlight the unique power of Improbable’s SpatialOS platform for game development. By building on SpatialOS, developers can use standard tools and game engines to build new gaming experiences. It allows a swarm of hundreds of game engines, running in the cloud, to cooperate together to simulate a world much larger, richer and with more players than any single engine or server could.
This opportunity is intended for a seasoned Human Resource professional that is accomplished as an HR Generalist, and has gained experience working with operations to strategically help build, develop, and create highly productive teams. The ideal candidate will have the capacity to understand the corporate culture and help apply and cultivate it among the Alberta team through an array of employee engagement and support initiatives.
- Represent the Global VP of People Operations in Alberta and North America.
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction.
- Champion company culture and values and foster within the Edmonton operation.
- Apply practical and tactical hands-on and strategic human resource expertise to the areas of talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, conflict management, recognition programs, organisational development and more.
- Address and resolve complex organizational challenges that can emerge in fast growing companies.
- Ensure cross company cohesion and consistency with respect to HR applications, systems, approaches, policies, and procedures.
- Develop company employee value proposition.
- 7 years combined HR generalist and business partner experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing / technology company with global reach.
- Capacity to function at an executive team level.
- HR experience in; organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation / grid development, rewards and recognition programs, culture promoter, employee engagement, coaching and development, talent acquisition and management, conflict resolution, data analysis (employee metrics), and employee relations.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and engaging in deeply complex strategy.
- Innate ability to assess and “read” people along with mature emotional intelligence.
- Capacity to coach toward development, performance and achievement.
- Organized and meticulous.
- Able to facilitate and guide discussion, even among strong personalities.
- Absolute, unbreakable discretion.
- Trusted partner with highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Analytical, decisive and capable of making a decision.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
This profile is designed to serve as a guide for both the individual holding the position and for those evaluating the performance of this individual. It is in no way intended to include all the daily or ongoing tasks and specifications associated with the position. This document may be subject to change.
Expressions of interest, resumes or questions regarding this opportunity may be communicated to:
We appreciate all submissions; only most qualified candidates will be contacted.