Hallmark Housekeeping Inc. is one of Canada’s premium and largest cleaning provider of medium to larger scale commercial and corporate buildings. The company is renown for its quality and its adherence to the We CLEAN GREENTM program which is designed to help company’s and or facilities achieve and maintain credits towards LEED and BOMA BEST Certification. Working closely with cleaning supply vendors, Hallmark Housekeeping Inc. achieves sustainable cleaning practices with a minimal impact on building occupants and the environment while still delivering the highest quality of service.
Hallmark Housekeeping Inc. is headquartered in Toronto with operations throughout the cities of Toronto, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. Collectively Hallmark employs a team of 4,500 and services over 130 million square feet of office, retail, and industrial space.
Senior Operations Director in Calgary.
Collaborates and coordinates with a number of regional and on-site managers and team members.
Based in Calgary, AB and will entail occasional travel to Edmonton.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of contract locations, ensuring the most cost effective resource planning and allocation to achieve the highest quality of customer service.
Working within a team environment, the position affords considerable autonomy enabling one to coordinate, plan, assess, address and overall manage customer relations and operations.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Astute with numbers
- Well organized
- Customer centric
- Post secondary education is preferred but not a requirement when combined with many years related sector experience in a leadership capacity.
- At least 5 years progressive supervisory or management experience within a customer service related industry.
- Strong numerical acumen in terms of understanding and anticipating outcomes when allocating resources for a project and incurring related expenses.
- Accomplished in speaking and writing in English.
- Mature interpersonal skills with staff, suppliers, and customers.
- Capacity to work within both union and non-union environments.
- Seasoned computer skills particularly MS Office Suite and most importantly Excel.
- Ability to cover and respond to emergency situations on a rotating schedule.
- Experienced in business and relationship development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Regular meetings with Operations Management Team.
- Review operating budgets and labour / billing reports with Regional VP to ensure compliance with contracts.
- Communicate and visit with customers on a scheduled basis to review performance.
- Oversee transition and commencement of newly acquired contract locations.
- Liaise with internal departments including Human Resources, Finance, Payroll, Sales / Marketing and Repairs.
- Ensure adherence to company standards, KPIs, policy and all contractual obligations are satisfied.
- Prepare, maintain and monitor operating budgets for each contract locations.
- Perform scheduled cleaning inspections.
- Respond to, assist and address emergencies.
- Self develop industry knowledge, trends and developments.
Hallmark Housekeeping Services Inc. is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff benefits and enriches the work environment and contributes to organizational excellence. The company welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including candidates from diverse backgrounds and those with disabilities.
Salary will be commensurate upon skills and experience. This full-time permanent position comes with a benefits package including a cell phone, laptop, and a vehicle allowance. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview. Finalists will undergo a Criminal Records, Credit Check, Drivers Abstract check.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print throughout the process of candidate engagement in our search assignments.
Resumes submitted in confidence to:
Attn: Ken Glover, BSc., RPR
Managing Partner, HumanEdge Global