This is a rare opportunity for a skilled and experienced fundraising professional to meet the current and future educational needs of Albertans. As a member of the Executive Committee, the Vice President, Advancement & External Affairs will share accountability for the overall leadership of the College, including the development of strategy, the Comprehensive Institutional Plan (CIP), annual budget, organizational change and growth initiatives, defined performance objectives, and regular review of actual performance.
With broad responsibility for a wide range of critical initiatives, the VP will lead the College’s capital and annual fundraising campaigns, major gift program, communications, marketing, media, public relations, special events, Theatre and Arts Centre, and Aboriginal Relations.
- Provide executive leadership to the Advancement and External Affairs department, building and developing a team that is effective and responsive.
- Contribute to the development of the annual business plan and strategies, including measurable outcomes that link to the strategies and targets in the CIP.
- Plan, implement and execute major fundraising campaigns in support of the College’s educational objectives, including the Academic Plan and the Capital Plan.
- Oversee the coordination of special events supporting advocacy relationships with all stakeholders, including government, industry, alumni and supporters.
- Own and develop the College brand, ensuring that activities, marketing and communication tactics align with the CIP and increase the institution’s profile and reputation.
- Provide communication advice and direction to the Executive Committee.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Governors, major college events, community engagement initiatives and government engagement opportunities.
- Participate in external committees and boards that support and build connections with the community.
- Accountable for the stewardship and planning of the College’s Aboriginal Relations portfolio, including its commitments to Regional Stewardship.
- Ensure effective policy development, change management, analysis and assessment of educational, employee development and resource allocation systems.
- Develop effective relationships with Board members, industry partners, senior leadership team members, government personnel, alumni, prospective partners, community supporters, and the media.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the environment in which the College operates to ensure effective responses to changing conditions associated with government policy, industry, the international and research sectors, and in the community.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you have built a successful career by honing your skills in the science – and the art – of fundraising.You are an innovator with the ability to think strategically at a high level, while also being pragmatic and focused on the details that will bring your vision to life.Your exceptional communication skills allow you to develop positive and productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Nowhere are those skills more evident than in your leadership style, which inspires employees and wins their support, enabling you to develop strong, capable teams.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Significant experience managing the fundraising, engagement and communications functions at a similarly complex organization.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field of study would be an asset, but an equivalent combination of experience and knowledge may also be considered.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is preferred.
- Solid record of experience in Advancement that reflects a continuum of increased responsibilities and accomplishments, including capital campaigns.
- Extensive knowledge and experience dealing with programs, budgets, staffing, business planning, and day-to-day management of professional resources.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business case development, communications and public relations skills.
- Innovative policy development, change management, analysis and assessment of educational, employee development and resource allocation systems.
For more information about this outstanding opportunity, please contact:
Director, Executive & Professional Search