Our client is an award-winning leader in the home-building industry, with a reputation for innovation and an unwavering commitment to delivering the ultimate home buying and ownership experience. Well-established in the Calgary region, the company is poised to expand its success into new Canadian markets and product lines.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Business Systems Manager will enhance and leverage the company’s significant investment in the BuilderMT workflow management suite. The role ensures business systems and processes effectively support business operations. Working closely with internal subject matter experts in estimating, purchasing and other departments, the role leads the efficient workflow of current production projects while enhancing functionality and usability for future system applications. The incumbent will be critical in planning maximum scalability and guaranteeing seamless transitions as Excel Homes expands into new geographic and multi-family markets.
- Work closely with leadership in Operations as well as the IT group and external vendors to maximize the return on investment for BuilderMT assets and workflows and to ensure shared expectations about the development, deployment, operation and maintenance of processes, procedures and technologies;
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities to maximize process and system efficiencies to safeguard order-to-home delivery cycle times as production levels increase and markets diversify;
- Manage a budget to realize the full benefit of the workflow management suite within Excel’s business operations;
- Design and lead projects/enhancements related to the workflow management suite and its integration with Excel’s core systems; e.g., modifying and/or adding additional workflows and ensuring the underlying system will support current and future business requirements;
- Consult to gather and validate business requirements, make recommendations, develop implementation strategies and conduct evaluations;
- Act as the ‘bridge’ between the business and IT, translating business requirements to Excel’s IT department and external vendors, and vice versa;
- Model and analyze business processes and systems processes to identify synergies and areas for improvement;
- Ensure business systems are scalable in order to maximize BuilderMT’s application to new housing types and markets;
- Implement and update the annual Strategic Information System Plan (SISP).
The Ideal Candidate
- As the ideal candidate, you are a technical individual who possesses a blend of business sensibility and strategic vision, which provides you the ability to leverage technology to add to the return on investment and increase operational efficiencies.
- You value consistency in standards; you are able to design, enforce and modify standards, as needed.
- A ‘big picture thinker’, you have the ability to manage a workflow management suite across operational functions and the capacity to visualize the current state of the business system as well as the future state of Excel’s business requirements as the company expands into new marketplaces.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, your well-developed communication skills allow you to deal effectively with both internal and external technical personnel and Excel’s operational and sales professionals.
- You are comfortable with a high volume of interactions and collaboration with business subject matter experts and other stakeholders as required.
- Resourceful and adaptable, you are highly-organized and detail-oriented, with strong initiative and decision-making abilities.
- Capable of working independently, you thrive in a fast-paced environment that values innovation and continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree in business or other relevant education;
- A strong ability to observe how activities are being performed step by step and to find ways of making those processes more efficient;
- Expertise with BuilderMT or an ERP program;
- Effective project management skills;
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- Experience within the home building industry would be desirable.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search