Established in 1980, Peace Hills Trust is a full service, federally chartered trust company that delivers trust services, lending instruments, deposit and investment accounts, and digital banking services to Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities, businesses, and individuals across Canada. With a network of eight regional offices, Peace Hills Trust has $2.33 billion in assets under administration and is Canada’s largest First Nation-owned financial institution. Its corporate office is located in Edmonton, Alberta and Head Office is located on the Samson Cree Nation in Maskwacis, Alberta.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced commercial lending professional to make a substantial contribution to Peace Hills Trust’s success in Saskatchewan. Reporting to the AVP Southern Saskatchewan and based in the Fort Qu’Appelle branch, the Senior Commercial Account Manager will negotiate, underwrite, and structure commercial loans to ensure a sound portfolio that meets PHT’s policies and guidelines.
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Manager and other members of the commercial lending team to achieve asset growth and profitability targets.
- Develop and demonstrate a high level of understanding and knowledge of PHT’s products and services.
- Ongoing management of relationships and overall credit portfolio, including PCAMLTF legislative requirements, loan draw files, renewals and annual reviews, financial statement analysis and market trends.
- Demonstrate expertise in risk assessment, financial analysis, underwriting, and credit structuring / solutions.
- Demonstrate sound administration skills in risk management and account service by implementing appropriate follow up and control procedures, including loan arrears management.
- Protect company assets by ensuring compliance with PHT requirements including security, control and reporting procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are resourceful and entrepreneurial, with the aptitude and work ethic to support your drive to succeed. Analytical and detail oriented, you are known for your high level of integrity and accountability.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in commercial lending, including assessment of risk, financial analysis, and credit structuring / solutions.
- Experience in business development, sales, and client development would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- A relevant post-secondary degree or diploma would be an asset.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search