Our Client is a private fully integrated multi-disciplinary award-winning design practice with offices across Canada and in the United States. The firm serves a spectrum of private and public sector clients creating design solutions for projects of every size and level of complexity.
Based in Western Canada, the Senior Architect and Partner will share in shaping the direction and growth of the firm, along with the financial rewards. Available are tremendous personal and professional growth opportunities within a firm that embraces and encourages growth, creativity and the betterment of our communities through design. The ownership model is both unique and attractive for entrepreneurial architects who seek to lead the industry.
The Ideal Candidate
You are passionate about your profession and client-centric in execution. You are leader in architectural and sustainable design, in your collaboration, mentorship and engagement with others, and in your approach to project implementation. You welcome challenges and complexity, and understand the need for elegance, flexibility and functionality in design. You are accomplished in both architecture and business.
In addition to possessing a sincere desire to be a professional Architect and leader, to be successful in this most rewarding role, the individual should also possess:
- A post-secondary education in Architecture and a Master of Architecture degree.
- 12-15+ years’ experience on a variety of public sector projects, particularly experience on large-scale, complex institutional designs (leading a team or part of a team).
- Sound practical understanding of building systems and sustainable design. Accreditation with LEED® is desirable.
- Project and client management experience from concept design to the successful completion of projects.
- Complementary and relevant project, client and business administration experience.
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive approach with staff, clients, the community, and the industry.
- Registered (or eligible for registration) with relevant provincial Architectural regulators.
- Lead growth and profitability through practice and operational excellence, and the effective use of design, technology, staff, and other resources.
- Aspire to achieve a culture of client delight and staff engagement.
- Collaborate on leading studio operations effectively by attracting and developing top talent, planning for effective succession, and achieving design excellence and profitability
- Your optimism and aspiration to improve our communities through design is infectious.
- You believe in the power of collaboration and live it daily by welcoming diverse perspectives.
- You are curious by nature, constantly learning and nurture the same in those around you.
- Your ability to apply sound business principles will ensure positive, profitable outcomes.
- Your portfolio showcases your exceptional creativity and experience in Architectural design
- You inspire those around you to deliver their best work and hold yourself to that same standard.
- You recognize the essential role that clients have at the center of our projects and the equally important role you play to deliver an exceptional experience.
- You understand the industry, how projects are won (and lost!), and how to successfully build a resilient practice.
Your compensation will be commensurate upon experience and contribution to the practice. Relocation support is available if required.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
This document may be subject to change.
For further information or to apply, please contact: