Established in 1980, Peace Hills Trust Company is Canada’s first and largest federally regulated First Nation owned Trust Company serving the financial needs of private, public, First Nations, and indigenous corporations, institutions and associations. Peace Hills Trust is wholly owned by the Samson Cree Nation of Maskwacis, Alberta.
Peace Hills Trust provides financial services across Canada through its network of 8 Regional Offices. Financial services include a full scope of lending instruments, deposit and investment accounts and electronic services for both commercial and personal needs.
Business growth in the Province of Ontario requires the addition of an experienced commercial lending professional. This position can be located in almost any city within the south east area of the Province of Ontario (south and east of Sault Ste Marie). The Regional Manager will report to the Vice President of Credit and will provide insight and input into identifying an appropriate initial location which will consist initially of a commercial credit office space with meeting room capacity. The Regional Manager will guide, develop and build-out the company’s operations in Ontario which will entail growing a portfolio of commercial banking clients by both building on existing relationships and developing new Indigenous and non-Indigenous customers. Growth will be achieved by proactively developing new business opportunities in the Province and ensuring clients’ financial needs are being met at the highest level. The Regional Manager will become a financial partner, a true champion for clients’ businesses, committed to delivering flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help clients realize their goals.
OPPORTUNITIES and CHALLENGES
- Build and develop Peace Hills Trust Company service offerings within the identified target market area (south and east of Sault Ste. Marie to the southern and eastern borders of Ontario).
- Cultivate relationships towards the goal of achieving awareness, realizing business opportunities, and building long-term viability in the Province for the Company.
- Provide customized financing solutions that benefit both the customer and the Company.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source, develop and grow profitable opportunities for both new and existing relationships with indigenous and non-indigenous clients and customers.
- Achieve asset growth and earnings targets for the region.
- Actively network with influencers and key contacts.
- Fully understand all Company products, services, policies and procedures.
- Maintain communications with the Corporate office to ensure continuity in service delivery, and where necessary enlist the assistance of resources for the timely support of customers.
- Develop a realistic and adaptable sales plan.
- Liaise with Corporate Office and the Regional team member to ensure the efficient and accurate underwriting and securitization of credit opportunities.
- Manage regional office budget with full profit and loss accountability.
- Identify, negotiate and present high quality loan and credit opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing legislation.
- Manage and maintain client information and files.
- Provide information and reports to Corporate office as required, and collaborate on new opportunities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Ideally a post secondary education in business, economics, finance, or equivalent.
- 5+ years in commercial underwriting.
- Good understanding of commercial lending services and financial instruments.
- Credit skills including assessment of risk and financial analysis, credit structuring / solutions and presenting the deal.
- Mature communication and interpersonal skills.
- Direct experience with First Nations would be an asset.
- Proven sales, prospecting, and client development skills.
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Respectful and professional.
- Mature business and financial acumen.
- Ability to build-out and grow an operation.
- Resourceful, intuitive, and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to work independently.
- Capacity to assess financial risk.
- Analytical & financial analysis skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
- Must be able to travel.
- Familiarity with the target market area (SE Ontario)
A competitive compensation package will be provided including annual base salary commensurate upon experience and skills, benefits, and a bonus structure.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
This document may be subject to change.
OPPORTUNITY PROFILE – Regional Manager, Ontario
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Ross Montagano, Client Partner