Established in 2009, Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is a privately-held Canadian company that owns and operates 11 retirement residences in Ontario, and since 2016, 9 retirement residences in Alberta. The Alberta residences are located in the communities of Drayton Valley, Camrose, Wetaskiwin, Ponoka, Olds, Calgary, High River and Lethbridge. Seasons 1,300+ employees have poised Seasons for significant advancement within this vibrant growth sector.
Seasons is a fast-growing seniors housing company that sincerely believes ‘Happy Team Members = Happy Residents’. Employees (Team Members) are critical to the success of the company and the quality of resident experience. The company strives to support employee work-life balance to ensure a service delivery that goes above and beyond to make a difference for residents. Seasons strives to ensure seniors housing feels like ‘Home’: comfortable, safe, supportive, healthy and community.
The Mission of Seasons is to ‘Understand our residents so we can deliver meaningful moments’. Their Vision is ‘Connect. Care. Change’. The Seasons Values are C.A.R.E.S. (Commitment Action Results Enthusiasm Service). The Regional Manager, Employee Services (Alberta) will embody Seasons Mission, Vision and Values.
This fantastic management-level opportunity is with a fast-growing, innovative, service-driven and client-focused organization within the booming seniors housing sector.
Based out of their home office and travelling to the 9 communities as required, the Regional Manager, Employee Services (Alberta) will report directly to the Senior Director, Employee Services in Seasons Oakville, ON corporate office. The Regional Manager, Employee Services (Alberta) will be responsible 2
for all HR matters within the Seasons Alberta portfolio including: human resource policy and procedure development, providing advice on salary and compensation matters, developing and delivering human resource related training, labour relations, HR coaching, investigations, grievances, attendance management, modified work arrangements, terminations, performance oversight, analysis, driving strategic recruitment activities, benefits administration, payroll administration and special projects within the organization.
The Regional Manager, Employee Services (Alberta) will be the first HR point of contact for the Senior Regional Director, Resident & Guest Services (Alberta Operations), the 9 General Managers responsible for the Alberta portfolio and the Regional Managers, Care Services for AB North and AB South. The Regional Manager, Employee Services (Alberta) must therefore must be highly communicative, service-driven and comfortable working outside of functional ‘silos’ and within a cross-functional team. The successful candidate will be a collaborative and supportive leader that takes initiative and provides advice and guidance on all HR-related issues to all levels of the organization.
- Provides leadership and direction in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of HR initiatives and deliverables.
- Plans HR requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers.
- Acts as a liaison between department managers, union representatives and senior leadership team.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities in conjunction with the Employee Services team.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development and implementation of HR programs and strategies.
- Develops methods and initiatives to improve employment policies, processes, and practices and recommends changes to senior management.
- Coordinates and facilitates change management strategies to the site level in conjunction with Employee Services team and other senior leaders.
- Provides employee-driven data and analytics to identify trends, patterns and opportunities to improve employee related performance and operations.
- Responds to staff incidents at the site level and supporting senior management on appropriate actions.
- Conducts thorough and timely employee investigations providing sound recommendations to senior leaders and operation teams, and effectively monitoring and managing actions.
- Ensure compliance with provincial and national employment related legislation such as: Employment Standards, Human Rights, Occupational Health and Safety, Labour Relations and collective agreements, Workplace Compensation or equivalent.
- Ensure termination packages follow common law principles.
- Attends Labour Relations Board, Human Rights Tribunal, and Worker’s Compensation hearings as the Employer representative.
- Operational and Administrative oversight and advisory support with respect to Labour Relations, Recruitment, Benefits, Compensation.
- Direct the development and implementation of human resource related policies and/or guidelines.
- Guide the performance improvement process, and if required, termination process.
- Oversee programs administered by HR support staff, ensuring accountability at the site level.
- Provide direct labour and employee relations oversight including grievance process and offer education to department managers.
- Contribute to the development of the annual operating budgets and ongoing strategic management of departmental and labour costs.
- Maintains complete and up to date records and documentation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A post-secondary degree in a discipline related to human resource management (e.g. business administration, industrial relations, commerce).
- HR certification or designation would be considered an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive management experience.
- Experience in various HR operations including recruitment, labour and employee relations, training, performance management, employee investigations, attendance management and conflict resolution.
- Experience working with seniors and/or in a hospitality service-driven environment considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant employment standards and policies.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, coach, mentor, and resolve conflicts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Above-average computer skills in Microsoft Office, exposure to managing and training software.
- Experience with ADP Workforce or equivalent full-cycle HRIS system(s) would be an asset.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships and provide sound advice and clear direction to department managers and senior leaders.
- Tactful, approachable, adaptable, valued.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- You strive for service excellence so residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Seasons hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships with residents, team members and visitors. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything you do is the Seasons way. They are looking for individuals like you, who want more than ‘just a job’.
- You share Seasons passion for exceptional service and care.
- You naturally foster a culture of growth and support for team members (because Seasons success depends on it).
- You prefer a truly collaborative work culture (versus staying within a traditional HR ‘silo’). You are able to apply best HR practices with sound judgement and common sense in order to take initiative, but also recognize that silos don’t make friends – you’ll be more successful as a team!
- Ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals and motivate teams and individuals.
- Performance driven … but humble.
- Highest level of integrity, honesty and accountability.
- As a regional support to a portfolio of 9 communities, you understand how to balance business travel while maintaining strong avenues of communication and exercises effective and efficient time and priority management.
COMPENSATION – A competitive compensation package including benefits and vehicle allowance will be provided commensurate with experience.
CONFIDENTIALITY In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, OR TO APPLY: