Our client, a young but established and well-funded international technology company, is about to embark on its next exciting venture by establishing an office in Alberta. Using the company’s proprietary, ground-breaking platform, the Edmonton-based team will develop next-generation applications that will redefine the limits of what is possible with this platform.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned software development leader (Producer, Product Manager, Director, etc.) to lead the development of breakthrough entertainment software that will showcase the potential and capabilities of exciting new technologies. Reporting to the Vice President for North America, the Executive Producer will own the vision and the P&L for the products, managing all stages of development and execution to bring that vision to life.
- Develop the technical and creative vision for the products that will be developed.
- Oversee all aspects of development and execution throughout the product lifecycle.
- Build, develop and inspire a high-performance team, creating a workplace culture that motivates and retains world class talent.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the production team to ensure deadlines, objectives and quality standards are met.
- Develop and refine processes to improve efficiency and success.
- Work closely with other members of the leadership team to deliver on short- and long-term strategic objectives by creating clear operational and action plans.
- Identify and mitigate risks to maximize success.
- Leverage data science, player insights, market feedback, and platform and channel expertise to drive effective go to market strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a deeply-experienced creative leader who has led multiple teams to successful product launches. Although your career is backed by strong technical skills, it has primarily been fueled by your creativity and an ambition to innovate using novel technology. While you never forget that the goal is to produce a commercially viable product, you enjoy pushing the boundaries and have reaped the rewards. A proactive self-starter, you thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment. You excel at building and inspiring talented teams that deliver world class software, and take pride in the vibrant, diverse and collaborative workplace cultures you have nurtured.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 15 years of progressively-responsible industry experience, including five or more years as a Producer or Director developing software, especially digital interactive products.
- Proven track record of managing the creation of successful software, especially forms of interactive entertainment.
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of key industry metrics and how they impact the product strategy.
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and mentor high-performance teams.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Current eligibility to work in Canada.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search
Although we appreciate all expressions of interest, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.