Alberta Investment Management Corporation, AIMCo, is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment managers. With approximately $100 billion of assets under management, it is responsible for the investments of 32 pension, endowment and government funds in Alberta. On their behalf, AIMCo places investments across all asset classes and markets to maximize return on risk.
AIMCo is truly a different place to work. There is a spirit of cooperation and open communication, from investments, to operations, and corporate. It is a place where forward thinking is welcome, where discussion is always open and the exchange of ideas never stops. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, AIMCo’s award-winning workplace attracts people with widely varying work experience from across the country and around the globe. With more than forty languages spoken and a majority of the world’s cultures represented, it is a truly global corporation where teamwork is valued and every employee is considered a key contributor.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a high-performing team at a company that values your skills and is prepared to help you take your career to the next level. With the growth experienced by AIMCo, there are opportunities in the Investment Performance and Analytics (IP&A) group at the Senior Analyst and Management level.
The IP&A group calculates and explains validated performance, attribution and analytics information across all investment strategies, providing independent, accurate and timely insights. Closely integrated with the front office to better understand investment strategies and provide an independent evaluation, the group informs and educates individuals throughout the organization of industry best practices and innovations.
- Assembling and ensuring accuracy of portfolio, index, characteristics and analytics data.
- Calculating, auditing, validating, reporting and explaining performance returns for AIMCo’s multiple asset classes.
- Using industry best practices to quantitatively and qualitatively measure and assess attribution for multiple asset classes.
- Researching industry practices and developing new performance capabilities.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a proven achiever, focused on delivering results and motivated to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Dedicated and detail-oriented, you have an ambition to grow your career in performance and analytics, along with the ‘can do’ attitude that will make it happen.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Five or more years of experience in a Performance Analyst role.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial concepts, investment strategies and investment products.
- Knowledgeable in investment performance and/or capital markets, including attribution.
- Experience in developing investment performance models, including broad industry level models and internally-built models.
- Intermediate to professional level experience with Excel, R, SQL, VBA, and/or Python.
- Experience in one or more of the following performance systems: Sylvan, Opturo, Bisam, Ortek, Eagle, SCD.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative field.
- FRM, CMA and/or CIPM certification would be an asset.
- Ability to clear a security screening, including a criminal record check, a credit check, and an education verification.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to: