Established in 1980, Peace Hills Trust Company (www.peacehills.com) is Canada’s first and largest federally regulated First Nation Trust Company serving the financial needs of private, public, First Nations, and indigenous corporations, institutions and associations. Peace Hills Trust is wholly owned by the Samson Cree Nation of Maskwacis, Alberta.
Peace Hills Trust provides financial services across Canada through its network of 8 Regional Offices. Financial services include a full scope of lending instruments, deposit and investment accounts and electronic services for both commercial and personal needs.
Located in Atlantic Canada (specific City open for consideration), the Manager Commercial Credit will report directly to the Vice President of Credit and indirectly to the Regional Manager in Fredericton, New Brunswick. The Manager Commercial Credit will develop and grow a portfolio of commercial banking clients by proactively building on existing relationships and develop new business opportunities ensuring clients’ financial needs are being met at the highest level. The Manager Commercial Credit will become a financial partner, a true champion for clients’ businesses, committed to delivering flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help clients realize their goals.
OPPORTUNITIES and CHALLENGES
- Build and develop Peace Hills Trust Company service offerings within and throughout Atlantic Canada.
- Cultivate relationships towards the goal of achieving awareness, realizing business opportunities, and building long-term viability in Atlantic Canada for the Company.
- Provide customized financing solutions that benefit both the customer and the Company.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source, develop and grow profitable opportunities for both new and existing relationships with indigenous and non-indigenous clients and customers.
- Achieve asset growth and targets for the region.
- Actively network with influencers and key contacts.
- Fully understand all Company products, services, policies and procedures.
- Actively sell and support the company’s complete product and service offerings to new and existing indigenous and non-indigenous clients and customers.
- Maintain communications with both the Regional Office and Corporate office to ensure continuity in service delivery, and where necessary, enlist their support.
- Develop a realistic and adaptable sales plan.
- Liaise with Corporate Credit and Regional Office team members to ensure the accuracy of credit and lending related deals.
- Identify, negotiate and present high quality credit proposals.
- Ensure compliance with Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing legislation.
- Manage and maintain client information and files.
- Provide information and reports to Corporate Credit and the Regional office as required, and collaborate on new opportunities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Ideally a post secondary education in business, economics, finance, or equivalent.
- 3-5+ years in commercial underwriting.
- Good understanding of commercial lending services and financial instruments.
- Credit skills including assessment of risk and financial analysis, credit structuring / solutions and presenting the deal.
- Mature communication and interpersonal skills.
- Direct experience with First Nations would be an asset.
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Respectful and professional.
- Mature business and financial acumen.
- Ability to prospect and develop a “book of business”.
- Resourceful, intuitive, and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to work independently.
- Capacity to assess financial risk.
- Analytical & financial analysis skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
- Must be able to travel.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including annual base salary commensurate upon experience and skills, benefits, and a bonus structure.
OPPORTUNITY PROFILE – Manager Commercial Credit, Atlantic Canada
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Ken Glover, Partner
Suite 3400, Manulife Place
10180 101 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 3S4