Evergreen Co-op is a locally owned co-operative serving the people of west-central Alberta through multiple locations in the communities of Rocky Mountain House and Rimbey. By providing products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities, Evergreen Co-op has become an integral and valued part of life in the communities they serve.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an up-and-coming HR professional to grow their career by playing a key role in supporting the employees of Evergreen Co-op and ensuring the organization continues to meet the needs of its members. This position is located in Rocky Mountain House and reports to the HR Manager.
- Act as the main point of contact for day-to-day HR-related inquiries.
- Provide advice and assistance regarding HR policies, procedures, and employment legislation.
- Resolve employee relations or performance management issues, or escalate them as required.
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees.
- Update and maintain the HR Information System data.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced HR generalist with a strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow. Proactive and results-oriented, you thrive in a fast-paced environment and take pride in your ability to contribute to a positive and productive work environment. Analytical and detail-oriented, your superior organizational and interpersonal skills have made you a trusted partner to employers and employees alike.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of HR generalist experience.
- Retail experience would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of administrative systems, corporate HR processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with employment standards, human rights, health & safety, and privacy legislation.
- Able to prepare HR documentation.
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and proactive approach to solving problems and addressing challenges.
- Able to deal with internal and external “customers” with patience, tact, and diplomacy while conveying a positive and professional image.
- A relevant post-secondary diploma or degree would be an asset.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search