Founded in 1988, Durabuilt Windows and Doors has grown into one of Western Canada’s largest privately-held window and door manufacturers. Their unwavering commitment to innovation and excellence has earned them a reputation for unsurpassed quality and service, and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Durabuilt serves the needs of home builders, commercial builders, dealers and contractors from their Corporate Office and manufacturing facility in Edmonton, and branches located in Calgary, Lethbridge, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Human Resources leader to contribute to the success of a rapidly growing Edmonton-based business by enhancing their ability to attract, develop, and retain exceptional people.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resources Manager will develop, implement, and maintain programs and services related to HR Planning, Recruitment and Selection, Orientation/Onboarding, Performance Management, Benefits, Employee Relations, Reward and Recognition, and Employee Engagement. Leading a small team of HR professionals, the HR Manager will provide guidance and support to functional teams across the company and strengthen the HR function to drive operational excellence.
- Build, develop and lead a high-functioning HR team with the capacity and capabilities to deliver effective HR programs and services across the company.
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior management and business unit leaders in effectively managing Human Resources initiatives, programs, and activities that meet short and long-term business goals.
- Manage the talent acquisition process by partnering with business leaders to identify and execute effective recruiting and onboarding strategies.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement employee engagement strategies that support the attraction, development, and retention of employees.
- Provide performance management advice and assistance to management/employees (coaching, career development, disciplinary actions, investigations, employee relations).
- Develop and/or support the execution of HR guidelines, policies and procedures, ensuring that all employment practices comply with federal, provincial, and local regulations.
- Work with internal business partners to improve current processes and increase efficiencies.
- Analyze trends and metrics to identify issues and develop effective HR solutions, programs and policies in response.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a deeply experienced HR generalist who has excelled as both an individual contributor and as the leader of high-performing Human Resources teams. Analytical and resourceful, you are a skilled problem-solver who is able to design practical solutions that improve efficiency and results. Proactive and action-oriented, you lead by example and are always willing to roll up your own sleeves to make sure those solutions are successfully implemented.
Known for your integrity and diplomacy, you are able to handle complex and difficult situations with confidence. In your previous roles, that ability has made you a trusted, expert resource for senior leaders and a valued source of sound advice for employees across the organization.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience leading and managing a Human Resources Department, with demonstrated success in developing high-performance teams.
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial or construction environment is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience; CPHR designation would be an asset.
- High-level problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify, communicate and implement effective solutions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including change management, facilitation, coaching and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions.
- Strong understanding of applicable employment, Human Rights, and duty to accommodate legislation.
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search