Champion Petfoods, a leading global manufacturer in the food processing industry, has earned a stellar reputation for innovative, premium, branded products that are distributed in more than 80 countries around the world. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta the company has an unwavering commitment to creating the very highest quality Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced. Guided by a clear mandate and uncompromising values, the company has experienced tremendous growth and success, and earned numerous industry awards.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a deeply experienced HR generalist to make a significant contribution to the success of a highly-respected global brand by enhancing their ability to attract, develop and retain exceptional people.
Reporting to the Director of Global Human Resources & Talent Development, the Human Resources Manager will provide guidance and support to Sales, Marketing and other corporate functions. By promoting alignment and implementing programs and processes to develop a High Performance Team culture, the Manager will help transform the company’s HR function and drive operational excellence.
- Be a trusted HR partner to leaders within the organization, understanding the business’ internal and external environment.
- Develop and lead organizational development and change management initiatives to support transformation and growth.
- Partner with recruitment and business leaders to identify recruiting strategies that will meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Lead facilitation of training, education, employee communications and culture building initiatives.
- Support a consistent, one-team unified approach demonstrated through delivery of global HR principles, practices and policies.
- Work closely with key business leaders and employees to improve working relationships, build engagement, increase productivity, manage performance, and attract and retain talent.
- Ensure HR strategy is cascaded and integrated into business strategy and workforce plan.
- Provide performance management guidance to management/employees (coaching, career development, disciplinary actions, crisis relations).
- Analyze trends/metrics to identify problems and develop relevant HR solutions, programs and policies for the assigned business.
- Understand legal requirements at execution level related to management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a highly-skilled and experienced HR generalist with a passion for people and performance. In your previous roles, you have established yourself as a trusted, expert resource for senior leaders and a valued source of sound advice for employees at all levels.
Independent, resourceful and proactive, you are a problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment. When faced with a new challenge, you are able to navigate the unknown and identify practical solutions that make a difference.
You recognize that a modern corporate culture focused on excellence can only be achieved through exceptional people who feel valued, challenged and aligned with the company’s values. The desire to make that happen is why you do what you do.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of HR generalist experience, ideally including support for global teams.
- Demonstrated success in managing and developing high-performance teams.
- Strong expertise in creating HR processes, practices and policies to support a transformational, high growth organization.
- Experience partnering with people at all levels of the organization to identify and implement innovative solutions to complex HR challenges.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including change management, facilitation, coaching and conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative and work to plan.
- Highly proficient analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- High integrity with strong customer focus.
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search