The Bridge Wellness Hub for Youth (“The Bridge”) is a not-for-profit member organization of the collaboration between Youth Hubs Alberta and Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA). Youth Hubs like The Bridge provide community-based services and support that are person-centred and built on individual strength, resilience and readiness. Located in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, The Bridge, like all Youth Hubs, aims to minimize the service gap between child and adult services by providing youth-oriented access to mental health and wellness resources as early as possible. The Bridge coordinates, facilitates, plans, creates and provides a variety of safe and fun events and activities for youth between the ages of 11-24, mainly throughout the Fort Saskatchewan area, functioning as a conduit and a source for a variety of mental health and wellness integrated services.
“When I feel connected and safe, I am more happy and willing to do the things I love.”
Community youth member
The Executive Director will be accountable to the Board of Directors. The Bridge is seeking a dynamic, experienced, independent, organizational leader to help build on and build out the organization. The Executive Director will provide operational leadership in all aspects of the organization leveraging existing and new partnerships with a variety of stakeholders including the Alberta Government, Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), the City of Fort Saskatchewan, and other private, public and community partners.
The Executive Director will work collaboratively with the Board to operationalize the organization’s 3-year Strategic Plan, establishing sustainable actions and priorities over the short term (<1- 2 years) and key pillars and deliverables for the long-term.
KEY COMPETENCY CATEGORIES
- Staff Relations and Engagement
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement and Relations
- Operation management and Continuous Improvement
- Board Support and Engagement
- Implementation of Strategy
- Marketing and Communications (all mediums), and Brand
- Business Development and Opportunities
- Evaluation, Measuring and Reporting
- Organizational Development including Staff and Succession Planning
- Fund Development and Fundraising Opportunities
- Pursuit of Grants and their Management
- Fiscal Management and Reporting
DESIRABLE PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Integrity and Trust
- Respectful and Empathetic
- Wants to Lead
- Passionate and Enthusiastic
- Takes Initiative
- Relationship Builder
- Enlists Cooperation
- Analytical and Problem Solver
- Outward and Inward Thinker
- Business Astute
- Outgoing and Engaging
- Welcomes Challenge
- Conflict Resolution
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education in business, finance, administration, management, humanities or social sciences would be relevant and likely complimentary.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in progressive leadership roles.
- Combination of relevant education and extensive work experience will be considered.
- Indirect or direct experience associated with mental health support services predominantly for young people, would be desirable.
- Experience with the charity or not-for-profit sector is an asset.
- Strong fiscal management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with fund development, fund raising, and strategic grant writing.
- An appreciation for the application of marketing, messaging, and promotions associated with brand.
- Experience working with a board of directors and governance model.
- Mature communication skills (written and verbal) combined with developed presentation skills.
- Capacity to engage in advocacy, collaboration and building stakeholder relations.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups, including professional therapists, staff, board, and external stakeholders and organizations.
- Embrace and employ a management style that is inclusive and accepting of diversity.
- Foster a performance-oriented culture with support for continued education to develop staff.
- Lead planning, continuous improvement and simultaneously manage multiple projects.
Compensation will be commensurate upon experience and skills consisting of an annual salary. While the Executive Director role is intended to be a full-time position, alternative arrangements may be considered. A condition of employment will be a clear Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector Check.
The Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community that we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team.
Resumes can be submitted in confidence to: