Strathcona Sexual Assault Centre was established in September of 2000 in response to community concern and support. In 2007, the name was changed to SAFFRON Sexual Assault Centre. Located in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Saffron Centre is a not-for-profit organization that provides prevention and support services for survivors of sexual violence throughout Strathcona County and the greater Edmonton Area. Specific services and programs include individual and group counselling, public education and awareness initiatives, and police and court support for victims of sexual violence.
Ending Sexual Violence “by” the next generation…a reality we should all embrace.
We will provide the tools for healing and provide support for those who have been directly impacted by sexual violence, as well as for their caregivers.
We will provide proactive education and empower the next generation to end sexual violence.
The Executive Director will be accountable to the Board of Directors. Saffron Centre is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to provide leadership in achieving the Vision and Mission of the organization. The Executive Director will develop and optimize strategic linkages and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders including governments, and other private, public and community partners.
The Executive Director will work collaboratively with the Board in building on and implementing Saffron Centre’s strategic plan, as well as develop and implement an operational plan and budget that aligns with the strategic priorities. Similarly, they will work collaboratively with staff and stakeholders to guide work that supports the development and delivery of effective programs and services.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY CATEGORIES
- Staff Relations, Development and Engagement
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement and Relations
- Operation management and Continuous Improvement
- Board Support and Engagement
- Implementation of Strategy
- Marketing and Communications (all mediums), and Brand
- Business Development and Opportunities
- Evaluation, Measuring and Reporting
- Organizational Development including Staff and Succession Planning
- Fund Development and Fundraising Opportunities
- Pursuit of Grants and their Management
- Fiscal Management and Reporting
DESIRABLE PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Integrity and Trust
- Respectful and Empathetic
- Wants to Lead
- A Planner
- Takes Initiative
- Enlists Cooperation
- Analytical and Problem Solver
- Customer Service
- Business Astute
- Outgoing and Engaging
- Welcomes Challenge
- Conflict Resolution
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education in business, finance, administration, management, psychology, or sociology
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressive leadership roles.
- Combination of relevant education and extensive work experience will be considered.
- Indirect or direct experience within counselling or social work associated with trauma informed counselling and or knowledge and understanding around the assessment and treatment of sexual violence would be an asset.
- Experience within the charity or not-for-profit sector is an asset.
- Strong fiscal management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with fund development, fund raising, and strategic grant writing.
- An appreciation for the application of marketing, messaging, and promotions associated with brand.
- Experience working with a board of directors and governance model.
- Mature communication skills (written and verbal) combined with developed presentation skills.
- Capacity to engage in advocacy, collaboration and building stakeholder relations.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups, including professional therapists, staff, board, and external stakeholders and organizations.
- Embrace and employ a management style that is inclusive and accepting of diversity.
- Foster a performance-oriented culture with support for continued education to develop staff.
- Lead planning, continuous improvement and simultaneously manage multiple projects.
Compensation will be commensurate upon experience and skills consisting of an annual salary plus a benefits package. While the Executive Director role is a full-time position based on a regular work week, hours of work and schedules may vary. Professional development and continued education are supported. A condition of employment will be a clear Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Saffron Centre is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community that we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print throughout the process of candidate engagement in our search assignments.
Resumes can be submitted in confidence to: