The basis for what is known today as St. Michael’s Health Group (https://smhg.ca) dates back to 1976 with the establishment and incorporation of the St. Michael’s Extended Care Centre Society in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. While founded as a faith based organization, today St. Michael’s Health Group provides a variety of seniors care services and programs and operates a number of facilities in multiple jurisdictions hosting and serving seniors and the public of all faiths and ethnicities.
In 1992, St. Michael’s Health Group, a non-for-profit organization, opened its Family Health Clinic within its Long Term Care Centre Home located in the City of Edmonton’s north side. The modern and spacious Family Health Clinic features:
- Ample Physician and patient parking.
- Private, furnished offices for Physicians.
- 13 Fully equipped patient examination rooms.
- Professional Medical Reception Area and Receptionist.
- Administrative support, patient file management.
- Convenient Med Access EMR system for workflow management.
- Full maintenance of medical clinic and equipment.
- Basic medical supplies and equipment.
- Medical staff provided.
- Marketing support for the medical clinic.
- Easy access for the 153 residents within the Long Term Care Centre Home and Clinic services for several surrounding Edmonton communities.
St. Michaels Health Group is seeking one or more Doctors / Physicians to work at the its Family Health Clinic located within its Long Term Care Centre Home in the City of Edmonton’s north side (7404 139 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5C 3H7).
As the Doctor you may be a General Practitioner or a Specialist. Your arrangement may be full-time or part-time and your schedule may vary over the week and or weekend.
Essentially, St. Michaels Health Group assumes all the management, administration, billing and operation responsibilities of the Clinic for you.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Eligible physicians will have to satisfy qualifications and experience consistent with College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) guidelines.
- Licensed or eligible to work and bill for services as a physician in Alberta.
- 2+ years experience as a medical physician. [Consideration will also be given to recent / new Graduates].
- Advise patients on health care.
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments.
- Perform patient advocacy role.
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures.
- Consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients’ physical and mental health.
- Inoculate vaccines to patients (as predetermined) to prevent and treat diseases.
- Communicate health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention to patients.
- Co-ordinate or manage primary patient care.
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues.
- Provide acute care management.
- Satisfy credentialing requirements of College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA).
Compensation and terms of employment will be commensurate upon experience and skills. Candidates will undergo background, education, and credential checks.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
This document may be subject to change.
OPPORTUNITY PROFILE – Doctor / Physician
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Ken Glover, Partner
Suite 3400, Manulife Place
10180 101 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 3S4