Our client, a young but established and well-funded international technology company, has created a ground-breaking platform with multiple applications in a wide range of industries. Locations in Europe, Asia and the United States, which focus primarily on enterprise applications, will soon be joined by a new office in Alberta. The Edmonton location will serve as the company’s North American headquarters, as well as the centre for the development of next-generation software that will redefine the limits of what is possible with the company’s platform.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced finance and operations professional to join a growing software development startup company and play a significant role in advancing their success. Reporting to the Vice President for North America, the Director of Operations will be located in Edmonton and responsible for several locations in Canada and the U.S.
- Lead the finance, facilities and IT functions in supporting the company’s North American business units.
- Participate in long-term business planning at the managerial and executive level.
- Collaborate with the Vice President and team leaders to develop financial plans, financial controls, and efficient business policies and processes.
- Prepare and manage operational and capital budgets.
- Coordinate the preparation and reporting of financial results to the Vice President and the parent company.
- Build, develop and inspire a high-performance team, creating a workplace culture that motivates and retains world class talent.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a seasoned finance and operations professional with a strong ability to solve problems and make sound business decisions that encourage growth.Although you are highly analytical yourself, you are comfortable working with creative people and have become adept at teasing out the essential details required for accurate budgets and actionable plans. A proactive self-starter, you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment focused on excellence and innovation. You excel at building and inspiring talented teams, and take pride in the vibrant, diverse and collaborative workplace cultures you have nurtured.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field; an MBA would be an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in operations and finance, including experience in the software development industry.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and preparing business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and mentor high-performance teams.
- Experience successfully integrating teams nationally and internationally.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; outstanding attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Highly effective decision-making skills.
- Current eligibility to work in Canada.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search
Although we appreciate all expressions of interest, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.