Located in Sherwood Park, Alberta, SAFFRON CENTRE is a not-for-profit organization that provides direct counselling support and education/awareness services on the matter of sexual assault and related violence.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Public Education and Community Relations is responsible for building relationships in the community and creating opportunities to educate the public on the prevention of sexual violence. In addition, the Director will develop and provide support for victims of violence specific to the judicial process. The Director will manage the Public Education and Outreach program focusing on the awareness, prevention and education on sexual violence and related issues.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiating/developing relationships through the school system and local government and organizations; SART team, RCMP, Hospitals, Victim Services Unit as well as principals, teachers, department heads.
- Develop and implement a Court Support/Accompaniment Volunteer Program.
- Provide community information sessions on engaging in the judicial process.
- Securing, booking, planning, and facilitating school presentations.
- Design presentations consistent with guidelines set out by Saffron Centre and subject to the mandate of organization.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records/statistics on all presentations as required.
- Supervise, mentor, and coach staff and volunteers.
- Provide monthly reports and liaison with the Board as required.
- Address any enquires on the Public Education program.
- As may be required, participate and provide support for Saffron Centre events/activities such as, workshops, fundraising events, general operations or administration, interagency meetings and community awareness activities…etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent in a Human Services field.
- 2+ years demonstrated practical experience in public education to school aged children.
- 2+ years experience in managing staff.
- Clear Criminal record check.
- Clear CYIR check.
- Suicide Intervention, Oath of Confidentiality.
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in public speaking/presentations to school aged children.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint.
- Ability to organize and engage youth in a group setting.
- Ability to work independently and have strong time management skills.
- Experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Able to mentor and train other staff members, students and volunteers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines.
- Experienced in handling sensitive and confidential situations to individuals in distress.
HOURS of WORK & COMPENSATION
This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week. Work hours are generally Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:300pm. However, there may be occasions where you may be asked to work the occasional evening and/or weekend.
Salary is commensurate to experience. There will be a performance and salary review after 3 months. Included with the full-time position is two-weeks paid vacation and a health benefit allowance.
OPPORTUNITY PROFILE – Executive Director, Public Education & Community Relations
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT: