We Know Training started in 2002 when two friends tried to take their flight exams. The study materials and exam experience felt clunky and outdated. They knew there had to be a better way to deliver training.
From there, it has developed into a full-service online training solution—the go-to expert in online training in regulated and public serving industries. We Know Training has trained over 10 million learners, served over 900 clients, and created over 750 courses.
We build, deliver, and distribute exceptional online training through our training in spaces such as health & safety, finance and insurance, de-escalation, and first responders.
Our technology has everything you need to launch a successful training program:
- A sales-focused learning management system and storefront builder.
- Content distribution network.
- A proven model for building award-winning and top-selling courses.
Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta.
Located in Edmonton, Alberta and reporting to the Vice of President of Business Development, the Director of Marketing will provide key guidance, strategic direction, and planning encompassing communications, branding, and digital marketing for the company, and its major brands. The marketing team consists of content writers, graphic designers, and social media marketing, and is a key engine for the growth in revenue, and awareness for our various brands. This role will closely work with brand leaders, the sales team, ad product developers to engage with our audiences. As We Know Training continues to grow, the Director of Marketing will be engaged in assessing their team’s needs, developing their expertise, and adding to the team, as necessary.
You are an individual that loves your chosen career in marketing. You are a high performer, creative, team-orientated, analytical, and able to remain focused under pressure. You do not shy away from different or new and are willing to present calculated alternatives. You will be an ongoing contributor of ideas, recommendations and initiatives.
You possess progressive experience in corporate and product marketing and communication strategies, and ideally have worked on brand awareness for digital based companies or products. You can anticipate market influences and plan, shift and manage multiple campaigns over the year. You have experience managing competing priorities, brands, and campaigns, and the capability to multi-task.
You are confident, competent, authentic, approachable, reliable and influential. You can lead, mentor, guide, excite and engage your teams and others. People enjoy your welcoming and inclusive nature, openness, clear communications, and decisiveness. You lead with energy, respect, and open to learn from others. You have strong attention to detail, intuitive, innovative, agile, and strive to be a leader (as it relates to marketing on-line training).
You maintain an acute awareness on community and opportunities that create a better tomorrow. You build and cultivate strong relationships and partnerships with your team, vendors, community organizations, and other corporate partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading corporate and brand specific marketing campaigns including all respective strategies and initiatives.
- Coordinating marketing with sales and product development to convert measurable returns.
- Guide and advise on tactics, initiatives that best achieve value for users, training managers, and corporate partners.
- Embrace continuous improvement and the re-imagining of new and innovative marketing.
- Budget, allocate, track, assess and report on all marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Cultivate and nurture trusted relationships among staff, vendors, partners and clients.
- Lead, guide, engage, mentor, inspire, excite, collaborate, and challenge your team and colleagues.
- Explore and understand industry, community and organization issues, needs, and trends relevant to the specific brands within the We Know training network.
- Keep apprised and advise the VP of Business Development on current and new initiatives.
- Collaborate with leaders in product development and sales to ensure the effective and efficient allocation of resources to meet established marketing objectives and outcomes.
- Institute measurements for success through KPIs, analytics or metrics, and evaluate for progress holding yourself and others accountable.
- Adopt and encourage continuous learning and excellence.
- Manage for risks and instill policies and procedures to best mitigate these risks.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in marketing, communication, public relations or equivalent.
- 5+ years progressive related experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Accreditations or certifications in relation to SEO and PPC marketing is considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- A customer-centric attitude.
- Content creation experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge and/or a proven success in the following areas:
- Data management and analytics tooling.
- Research and assessment of value proposition for different product offerings.
- Product marketing, product development and product strategy (preferably e-products).
- Designing and delivering multi-year product campaigns.
- Achieving increased brand awareness, customer solutions, and revenues.
- Ability to manage budgets at the departmental or project level.
- Work with and leading cross-functional teams.
- Developing digital products in multiple platforms, creating roadmaps and prioritization planning.
We Know Training is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff benefits and enriches the work environment and contributes to organizational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals including candidates from diverse backgrounds and those with disabilities.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience.
Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print throughout the process of candidate engagement in our search assignments.
Information, expressions of interest and resumes contact or send in confidence to: