Trinity Place Foundation of Alberta (TPFA), a not-for-profit organization recognized as a leader and advocate for their ‘More than Housing’ philosophy, is Calgary’s largest provider of self-contained seniors’ housing.
Founded in 1974, TPFA has implemented innovative residential programs, partnerships, and supports to enhance the quality of life for older adults including those with lived experience with addictions and mental illness.
The work of this organization and its ‘harm reduction’ approach to care has earned recognition from Alberta Health Services and funding for a new, ground-breaking residential facility slated to open in June 2021.
Templemont, will combine 70 designated assisted living units and 50 rental units for independent seniors in the community of Temple in NE Calgary.
The Director of Clinical Care is a key leadership position within the organization. TPFA is looking to fill this position with the right candidate as soon as possible to allow the successful candidate to participate in the decisions associated with Templemont’s construction process and the purchase of furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
The Director of Clinical Care will balance the regulations and reporting requirements of Alberta Health Services with the development of an innovative and flexible program utilizing a harm reduction philosophy of care. This person-centered approach focuses on the quality of life of each individual resident.
- Participation in the construction process and identify and purchase furniture, fixtures, and equipment for the Templemont facility, scheduled to open in July 2021.
- Plan, organize and recruit facility staff including Registered Nurse, Educator, Recreational Therapist, Licensed Practical Nurses, HCA’s and Tenant Resource coordinators.
- Operate effectively as part of TFSA’s senior leadership team, reporting to the CEO.
- Ensure delivery of the contracted services.
- Work collaboratively with AHS employees who will provide support and direction on a case by case basis.
- Stringent accountability and reporting to satisfy AHS requirements.
- Resolve residential conflicts as they arise.
- Responsible for the overall health and safety of the residents and staff.
- Independent decision-making involving all clinical operations.
- Is an advocate and representative of the organization, staff and residents.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are:
- Able to balance stringent AHS requirements with the dynamic nature of a harm-reduction philosophy of care.
- Extremely comfortable with the technical and requirements of continuing care.
- A confident and mature team player.
- A servant-leader willing to ensure everyone is heard and all views matter.
- A skilled negotiator to inclusively address stakeholders’ demands and requirements.
- An innovator and creative problem solver.
- Able to think ‘outside the box’ and offer those ideas.
- Meticulous with organizing many moving parts and meticulous with details.
- An administrative consolidator.
- Ready, able and willing to embrace a harm-reduction, rather than harm-elimination philosophy and work to enhance the quality of life of every resident with a ‘more-than-housing’ approach.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum five years of leadership experience in a related environment.
- Completion of Registered Nurse Program, BN, MN or equivalent.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse.
- Extensive experience and expertise with Infection Prevention Control (IPC) is necessary.
- Strong background in psychiatry and addictions, and in working with marginalized persons.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization and medical environment is required.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to create team alignment.
- Change Management experience would be an asset.
- An understanding of and applied experience with servant leadership is desirable.
- Impeccable written communication skills.
- Ability to speak to large groups and listen to multiple parties with empathy and inclusive understanding.
- Strong organizational skills for administrative consolidation.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Executive Recruitment Consultant