Established in 1980, Peace Hills Trust (PHT) is Canada’s first and largest federally regulated First Nation Trust Company serving the financial needs of Indigenous communities, business and people as well as non-Indigenous business and people. Peace Hills Trust is wholly owned by the Samson Cree Nation of Maskwacis, Alberta.
Peace Hills Trust provides financial services across Canada through its network of 8 Regional Offices. Financial services include a full scope of lending instruments, deposit and investment accounts and electronic services for both commercial and personal needs.
Located in Edmonton, Alberta, the Director of Information Technology (IT) will report directly to the Vice President of Information Services and work closely and collaboratively with an Information Technology Manager and IT support. In general, the Director of IT provide the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing technology-based initiatives that create customer and business value while managing technology risk; essentially shaping the future of the organizations infrastructure and helping manage change.
- An applied information systems technology degree or diploma. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of progressive experience including IT infrastructure development, security/compliance, systems implementation, computer operations management, supervision of technical personnel, strategic planning and budgetary responsibility.
- Experience in the financial services industry would be an asset.
- Track record of effective leadership which includes strong strategic thinking and successful execution with technical and non-technical resources.
- Well-rounded business background with a broad understanding of business operations and managing business relationships.
- Accomplished communication skills.
- Experience implementing and using virtualization technology.
- Basic security experience: user access management, firewall management, endpoint security, SIEM.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
Qualities and Attributes
- Respectful and professional.
- Resourceful, creative, intuitive, and entrepreneurial.
- Inquisitive and supportive.
- Ability to work alone or within a team setting.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including annual base salary commensurate upon experience and skills, benefits, and a bonus structure.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT: