Champion Petfoods, a leading global manufacturer in the food processing industry, has earned a stellar reputation for innovative, premium, branded products that are distributed in more than 80 countries around the world. The company has an unwavering commitment to creating the very highest quality Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced. Guided by a clear mandate, uncompromising values, and a commitment to hiring and developing outstanding talent, the company has experienced tremendous growth and earned numerous industry awards.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned and savvy marketing professional to take Champion’s success to the next level by building and leading the global Field Marketing team that will partner with Sales, distributors and retailers to create regional go-to-market strategies and localize global campaigns.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing and working in close collaboration with the Vice President, Customer Engagement, the Director, Field Marketing will lead the strategy, planning and execution of initiatives that build awareness and demand in regional markets around the world.
This position can be based in any major city in the U.S. or Canada.
- Define the charter and goals for the global field marketing team, including recruiting, developing and retaining talent.
- Partner with Customer Engagement to build annual regional marketing plans with distributors and retailers.
- Launch new products, launch in new markets and refresh go-to-market strategies for existing products.
- Provide active support to Customer Engagement in sales calls.
- Forecast, measure and analyze impact of programs; produce reports and dashboards to demonstrate campaign progress and region/market/retailer success.
- Manage Marketing co-op budget pre-approval and coordinate payment requests with Finance.
- Work closely with Marketing Communications, Product and Shop + Shelf/Education/Experience (S.E.E.) to launch local campaigns focused on sales velocity and engagement from retail accounts.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of global trade and consumer shows and events with distributors, retailers, consumers and industry leaders to build the brands, develop sales pipeline and strengthen customer relationships.
- Analyze the marketing funnel, channel mix and customer segmentation to formulate ideas and approaches to optimize cost effective ways to increase awareness, trial/consumer demand.
- Manage the Field Marketing budget and overall metrics.
- Be a role model of Champion’s culture and core values of teamwork, responsibility, authenticity, innovation and leadership.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced marketing professional with extensive knowledge of branding and marketing, along with a deep understanding of distributors, retailers and sales. Strategic, collaborative and results-oriented, you have been a creative and effective partner in translating a company’s branding and messaging into effective regional strategies that build awareness and drive sales in local markets.
An expert leader of both people and projects, you are focused and energetic, with a talent for managing multiple projects, setting priorities, creating alignment across teams, and hitting milestones. Organized, data-driven and analytical, you are motivated by an opportunity to add value to a well-respected, premium global brand.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience in B2B and B2C marketing, ideally expanding into international markets.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience and leadership in demand generation or field marketing roles.
- Prior experience working with distributors and independent retailers.
- Ability to excel at creating marketing strategy and vision and seeing it through to successful execution.
- Proven experience in various marketing functions, including demand generation, digital marketing, and online and traditional marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to drive revenue through highly effective and creative marketing with measured results.
- Proven ability to build productive working relationships across internal departments/functions and external partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the credibility to earn the trust and respect of Customer Engagement management and distributors/retailers.
- Customer service orientation and consumer centric foundation for field work.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with the ability to handle multiple detailed projects to tight timelines.
- Ability to travel approximately 30-50% to support trade shows and regional events, deal support, company meetings, and general team management.
- Hands-on knowledge of salesforce.com.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search