Champion Petfoods, a leading global manufacturer in the food processing industry, has earned a stellar reputation for innovative, premium, branded products that are distributed in nearly 100 countries around the world. Located in Edmonton, the company has an unwavering commitment to creating unique Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced. Guided by a clear mandate and uncompromising values, Champion Petfoods has experienced tremendous growth and success, as well as earned numerous industry awards for their food, brand and marketing.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a seasoned communications professional to join Champion Petfoods’ passionate and rapidly-growing team, and to contribute to the company’s global success.
The Manager, Communications will provide senior communications leadership, acting as the in-house expert and working in collaboration with internal and external partners to develop and execute a comprehensive global communications strategy.
Reporting to the EVP People & Culture, the Manager will ensure the consistent and successful execution of all Corporate Communications activities, proactively managing Champion’s culture and reputation with internal and external audiences.
- Lead the development and execution of the company’s global communications strategy.
- Work in partnership with the Marketing Communications team to implement thoughtful, innovative and engaging communications that enhance the company’s mission, vision and values.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to develop and implement effective internal communications that support and strengthen Champion’s culture.
- Draft and edit press releases for corporate/brand announcements and review/create other media materials.
- Provide strategic and tactical communications support for the Executive Leadership Team as needed, such as developing speech content/talking points, Q&A’s, announcements etc.
- Manage external resources, such as media monitoring and distribution services, and assist in managing work conducted by Public Relations firms and other agencies.
- Support Champion’s Crisis Management process as the lead on communications, working with external topical experts as required.
- Support corporate reputation activities, including development of a corporate narrative.
- Coordinate and lead issues management at the corporate and brand level, ensuring alignment and readiness on key issues identified through periodic risk analysis, develop communications statements, and liaise between internal and external stakeholders, public, media, government agencies and others.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a highly-strategic and deeply experienced communications professional with a gift for communicating complex information to a variety of audiences. Collaborative and diplomatic, your exceptional interpersonal skills have allowed you to lead through influence, becoming a trusted resource throughout the companies for which you’ve worked. Independent, hands-on and solutions-oriented, you are able to navigate complex environments, collaborating up, down, across and beyond the organization to solve problems and get results.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the private sector, handling corporate communications, product communications, issues management and public relations.
- Experience across the full range of corporate communications, including content development for traditional, digital and social platforms, senior executive support with financial and/or stakeholder relations/corporate affairs, and media relations.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across business units, functional departments, geographies and disciplines.
- Experience working with multiple external stakeholders, both domestically and internationally.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to independently manage multiple concurrent projects within a fast-paced environment and tight timelines.
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search
We appreciate all expressions of interest in this opportunity, however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.