Innovative new carbon technology company seeks a Commercial Development Director to prepare and assist the company in a private equity or joint venture fundraising initiative to commercialize their proprietary technology to produce oil with zero-emissions.
Red Leaf Resources is a private company headquartered in Salt Lake City that has developed a proprietary technology, through its Green Leaf Carbon Technologies division, to produce zero-emissions or ‘blue oil’ from its resource-rich leases in Utah. The leases are also prospective for co-production of associated rare-earth elements. As part of its integration strategy, the company is developing downstream assets, including acreage in the producing Uinta Basin that has been licensed for a 25,000 bbl/d upgrader and the terminus of a proposed railway to improve egress in this landlocked basin.
The company’s mission is to commercialize its technology. The company’s vision is to become the premier provider of new carbon technology to produce energy from conventional resources with near zero-emissions. The strategy is to initially develop their resources in Utah and subsequently licence the technology to other operators internationally.
Green Leaf’s technology has been redesigned to improve both the economics and environmental footprint for a market that demands profitable and responsible energy production. In partnership with a global engineering firm, a small-scale demonstration plant is being developed in advance of its full-scale commercial project. The company will be seeking joint venture or direct equity investment to finance this project.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a central role in the creation of a major new energy source and associated technology that will ultimately form the platform for a multi-billion-dollar industry.
Working closely with internal and external partners, the Commercial Development Director will build a compelling narrative around Red Leaf’s technology and create a variety of business development materials, including a professional Virtual Data Room, to assist the company in a private equity or joint venture fundraising initiative to commercialize their proprietary technology.
Based in Calgary, with travel to Utah as required, the Commercial Development Director will report to the CFO. This is a full-time contractor role with the potential to grow into a permanent employee position, largely dependent on the success of the commercialization effort.
- Drive the attainment of the company’s commercialization targets as a key business partner within the Red Leaf team.
- Evaluate the current marketing materials – including technical, commercial and environmental information – and upgrade or develop new materials as required.
- Develop, maintain and manage a Virtual Data Room (VDR) to drive commercialization.
- Select and implement all required resources, including software, hardware and technical contractors as required.
- Obtain consensus and approval from stakeholders relating to the strategies and operating model for the
- Work with the executive leadership in engaging potential investors and licensees to drive the commercialization effort and assist in presentations as discussions
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are entrepreneurial and collaborative, with a deep knowledge of the energy industry and energy technology commercialization, coupled with the business and financial acumen to understand the motivations of potential investors and licensees. Strategic and analytical, you are motivated by rapid growth, a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new energy supply.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years’ experience in progressive engineering, land or business roles in the energy industry, including 3+ years in a commercial development role.
- Strong knowledge of the energy technology area specifically and the global energy industry generally.
- Experience leading the successful development of at least one comprehensive investor data room containing skillfully curated technical, economic and environmental materials.
- Ability to compose a logical and persuasive story that provides a unified and compelling value proposition to investors.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with technical and business people both inside and outside the organization.
- Exceptional project management, contracting, negotiating and change management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven negotiation and mediation skills with the ability to diplomatically overcome obstacles to
- Strategic/business planning and execution capabilities.
- Expertise in financial modelling (MS Excel).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search