Our Client provides solutions to highly complex access, work and rescue challenges for literally any and every situation. The company’s team of experts meet and exceed safety standards and quality for the most difficult projects. Whether it is welding joints at the apex of a bridge, pipefitting at the highest point of sports arena, or a conducting a stack inspection for a refinery, our Client can undertake the most difficult access work or service. Furthermore, the work is performed quicker and much more cost-effective, than conventional methods using scaffolding, without compromising safety or quality.
Residing in either Canmore, Alberta or Squamish, British Columbia, the Chief Operations Officer, will report directly to the CEO, and will bring their seasoned business acumen to help mentor and grow the company. Given the nature of the company and business operations, the COO will have considerable travel. Most projects have been in Western Canada and an increasing number of projects emerging in the United States.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Successfully execute on the strategies developed by the executive team.
- Provide expertise and guidance to the executive team.
- Oversee the safety of staff, clients and co-workers on all jobsites.
- Accountability for all field operations and administration processes.
- Responsible for all operational assets.
- Provide direction on all operational human resources.
- Management of the North American operational management team.
- Development and build out of operations consistent and as required with company growth.
- Industrial trade combined with a Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in a business related discipline.
- A Masters in Business Administration would be an asset.
- 8+ years working in a senior operations capacity or executive level within a large scale industrial construction scope.
- Direct involvement in the build out of a company in term of procedures, processes and systems.
- Practical experience with change management.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Extensive experience in industrial operations management and systems.
- Comfortable and capable to function in a fairly dynamic, flexible and unconventional work environment.
- Continuous desire to learn.
- Ability to take initiative, highly organized, safety focused, and a positive attitude.
- Views a challenge as an opportunity.
- Strong work ethic and a leader by example.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and business relationships.
- One that earns respect and is respectful.
- A coach, mentor, and motivator toward driving results.
- Composed and professional under stress.
- Diplomatic, but still a decision maker.
- Capacity to assess matters from many different angles; willing to adapt and change.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google Docs.
- Sound communication and relationship skills.
- Exceptional problem solving.
- Ability to analyze complex situation and issues, and articulate solutions or outcomes clearly and concisely.
- Experience with rope access, extreme risk / complex construction an asset.
- Safety on projects; “0” injuries or accidents.
- Absolute client satisfaction.
- Full project staffing.
- Achieving operational budgetary goals.
- Meeting operational lead generation targets.
Base salary will be commensurate upon experience and include a benefits package / allowance. Bonus structure tied to pre-establish annual KPI’s and corporate performance.
NOTE: A condition of employment will be the satisfactory completion of a criminal records check, and drug and alcohol test.
Expressions of interest and resume may be sent in confidence to: