Our client, a leading global manufacturer in the food processing industry, has earned a stellar reputation for innovative, premium, branded products that are distributed in 80 countries around the world. Guided by a clear mandate and uncompromising values, the company has experienced tremendous growth and success, and earned numerous industry awards.
This is a rare opportunity for an extraordinary individual to contribute to the success of a major international brand. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Operating Officer will assume overall responsibility for the company’s global operations, responding effectively to the demands of rapid growth, global expansion and increasing complexity.
Working closely with other members of the executive leadership team, throughout the areas of Brand, Marketing, Sales, Innovation and the Fresh Regional Ingredients Chain, the COO will develop, implement and drive the company’s operational excellence by overseeing the internal operational functions and strategy, and its implementation across the enterprise. Taking ultimate responsibility for optimizing operating performance, the COO will assist the CEO in running the daily business by tying together the end-to-end value stream of the entire business with effective, creative enterprise solutions.
Specifically, the COO will:
- Lead the day-to-day operations and oversee all functional area activities to ensure alignment with strategies and objectives;
- Provide leadership and direction to the management team, ensuring clarity of expectations, effective performance management and ongoing communication;
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans;
- Create and foster a culture that is consistent with the company’s brand, values and mission, and supports the accomplishment of the Board’s strategic plan and goals;
- Achieve revenue and income targets by driving operational efficiencies and synergies across the functional areas of Customer Engagement, Ingredient Supply Chain, Capital Projects and Kitchen Operations;
- Manage corporate activities to ensure business plan objectives are being met, including strategic and project goals, and operational efficiency measures;
- Work closely with different departments and business functions, finding solutions to potential business challenges and operational process issues;
- Evaluate and foster timely and effective issue resolutions;
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, contribute to the development of the company’s strategic direction;
- Stay current on all industry and functional trends and practices;
- Provide leadership for functional area initiatives to ensure compliance with business obligations and industry requirements;
- Ensure operational standards are fully and appropriately developed, implemented and maintained;
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals;
- Establish performance goals, allocate resources and assess policies for senior management;
- Demonstrate successful execution of business strategies for company products and services;
- Develop, establish and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a manufacturing expert with a solid track record of building world class operational processes, effectively managing risks and successfully implementing change that drives bottom line results. An accomplished and strategic leader of people and projects, you have worked as an integral part of a high performing leadership team. Your strong analytical skills and business acumen have provided the foundation for your successful career, but it is your ability to collaborate and partner that truly set you apart from the crowd.
You could be the leader we’re looking for, if you have:
- 15 years of senior leadership experience, including eight or more years in a senior management position, ideally in a branded organization with global operations;
- MBA or equivalent experience or education;
- Extensive experience managing multi-site food processing operations;
- Strong ability to lead complex multi-faceted projects in various locations to successful completion;
- Experience with significant capital expansion projects and acquisitions, including knowledge of the construction/project management lifecycle;
- Ability to evaluate and effectively address opportunities and operational challenges;
- Ability to manage the complexities of a supply chain that utilizes small producers of fresh, local ingredients;
- Experience in growing revenues and earnings of a large-scale international business;
- Proven track record of leading change management initiatives and supporting cultural shifts;
- A demonstrated record of success in building, managing and mentoring high-performance teams;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- The passion and commitment to fit with the company’s corporate culture and leadership team.
To learn more about this outstanding opportunity, please contact:
Director, Executive & Professional Search