Align Orthodontics is a high quality and patient service-oriented orthodontic practice with locations in Edmonton and Sherwood Park. Over its 32-year history, it has developed a well-earned reputation for professionalism and excellence. With three highly-trained and experienced orthodontists, more than 50 professional and administrative staff, and an in-office lab, Align offers patients of all ages the very best in orthodontic treatment.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced business leader to improve and grow a well-established professional practice by enabling the business to respond effectively to a changing marketplace. Working closely with the Partners, the COO will develop a strong service culture, innovative business processes and operational discipline to enhance quality and efficiency, while also leading initiatives designed to attract new business.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to enhance the success of the Practice.
- Lead the development and execution of effective, targeted marketing and business development initiatives.
- Create and manage the operational budget.
- In cooperation with the Partners, lead the day-to-day operations to ensure alignment with strategies and objectives.
- Lead, manage and develop the teams that support the Partners in delivering excellence in professional services.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify, measure, and improve key metrics.
- Cultivate a positive culture, employee engagement, productivity and passion.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a strategic and pragmatic problem-solver, with the business and financial acumen to analyze operational performance and identify emerging trends and opportunities. Focused and pragmatic, your knowledge and insight have allowed you to develop and implement strategies that have helped your previous employers improve their top and bottom line results.
Proactive and collaborative, you are able to effectively lead through influence and are proud of your ability to create consensus and enthusiasm for initiatives. You excel at building and inspiring talented teams and expect them to demonstrate the same high level of accountability you demonstrate in your own work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 15+ years of progressively responsible career experience.
- Prior experience in a leadership role within a professional services environment.
- Experience in developing marketing/revenue-based strategies that provide for top and bottom line results.
- A track record of identifying and implementing business process improvements that enhance operations and performance.
- Demonstrated success in growing a small business or other venture.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and strategic plans.
- A track record of enhancing the capacity to efficiently deliver high quality service.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and mentor high-performance teams.
- Exceptional relationship-building and communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline; an MBA would be an asset.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search