This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Marketing leader to take a very successful, highly-respected global brand to the next level.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be the key driver of the corporate marketing strategy, leading the advancement of the company’s brand image, product portfolios and strategic frameworks in telling and re-telling the company’s story, as well as developing and implementing the go-to-market strategies.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the CMO will be a key member of the executive leadership team, providing thought leadership on the current state of the industry, emerging trends, and potential implications on the business.
- Develop, lead, and manage the company’s worldwide Marketing strategy and efforts.
- Drive the implementation of the company’s well-established brand management strategy.
- Develop the strategic marketing plan and craft go-to-market, direct and digital marketing tactics.
- Create differentiating strategies that leverage industry best practices, customer interactions and insights to drive deeper customer relationships and maximize profitability.
- Set and monitor market strategy, tactics and plans by leveraging brand performance via reliable and ongoing KPIs (sales, profit, market share, equity).
- Provide industry context for business transformation strategies and roadmaps, including defining use cases and financial impacts.
- Oversee the execution of a strategic roadmap to maximize outcomes as new capabilities come online.
- Build, mentor and lead a strong leadership team that develops and deploys comprehensive multi-channel, customer-centric strategies.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative research to better understand customer needs and extend that knowledge into targeting and messaging.
- Build market analysis and customer segmentation capabilities to understand customer value and needs, and inform investment strategies and planning.
- Work with the analytics team to develop a framework to measure program and campaign effectiveness, and design testing strategies to prioritize testing investments to support marketing automation.
- Work with external stakeholders to ensure the company’s brand story and success are widely recognized.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to integrate brand and marketing support in all strategic initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a seasoned and strategic leader with a deep understanding of how highly-branded products are marketed to the world. You drive strategic advantage by ensuring that the compelling words and images you use to engage customers are solidly backed up by the logic of data and analytics. A continual learner, you keep abreast of the latest developments in branding and marketing, and are familiar with the use of new technologies in your field.
Outgoing, independent and confident, you have a practical, hands-on approach to management and problem solving, and a strong orientation toward collaboration. An articulate and engaging communicator, you are an effective ambassador for the brand both externally and internally, and are diligent in ensuring that every aspect of the company’s operations reflect its brand values.
A high energy professional with a drive to succeed, you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and are able to remain calm and objective as you move the organization towards its vision.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 12+ years’ executive leadership experience, with full responsibility for Marketing at a large, international, brand-centric organization in the food, packaged goods or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated prior success in taking a leading brand to the next level of global expansion and growth.
- A track record of success in devising strategies and implementing tactics to drive results.
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods and experience in building strong in-house capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and mentor high-performance Marketing teams.
- Outstanding listening, communication and presentation skills.
- The flexibility to travel at least 50% of the time.
- The passion and commitment to fit with the company’s collaboration and relationship centered corporate culture and leadership team.
- Prior experience working within a private or private equity-owned company is preferred.
- MBA or equivalent experience or education.