BioNeutra, an award-winning life sciences company, has developed and patented a proprietary process which transforms starch from agricultural crops such as wheat, barley, non-GMO corn and tapioca into an advanced, healthy functional food ingredient. VitaFiber™ IMO, the company’s lead product, is a unique, low calorie sweetener, prebiotic and soluble dietary fiber available in both syrup and powder form. VitaFiber is sold to leading international manufacturers of protein bars, beverages, ice cream and confectionaries, and is available direct to consumers online. BioNeutra, a public company traded on the TXS Venture Exchange, has its head office and manufacturing base in Edmonton, Alberta.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned finance executive to contribute to the continued success of a rapidly growing company doing business globally. Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will partner with the other members of the executive team and the Board of Directors to strategically manage BioNeutra’s financial operations and drive business performance improvement.
- Oversee issuance of financial information to the public.
- Review and approve all Quarterly and Annual financial statements, Management Discussion and Analysis, Annual Returns, Information Circular, Press Releases and SEDAR filings.
- Report financial results to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee job costing and ensure inventory and work in progress are accurately recorded.
- Liaise with Company bankers and brokers.
- Ensure proper month end, quarter end and year end cut off of all financial accounts.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company.
- Construct and monitor reliable controls.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage and monitor insurance claims.
- Ensure the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure record keeping and financial information meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee and board of directors.
- Maintain relationships with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange debt and equity financings.
- Review compliance reporting for lenders.
- Arrange financing instruments.
- Assist the CEO in formulating the company’s future direction and support these initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage capital request and budget process.
- Develop financial performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the accounting team and any key third parties to which functions have been outsourced.
- Assist with investor relations, legal, tax, and investment banking community.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Oversee the financial operations of the group of companies.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems and stock treasury.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a deeply experienced finance executive with the ability to make a contribution that extends beyond accounting and financial reporting.
Strategic, analytical and pragmatic, you have the knowledge and insight to analyze financial performance and identify emerging trends, risks and opportunities. Your solid business acumen allows you to become a true business advisor and strategic partner, developing and implementing strategy that helps the company to achieve its goals and improve future results.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business and a professional accounting designation.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a senior financial leadership role of similar capacity, preferably with a public company.
- Familiarity with TSX Venture Stock Exchange policy and procedures, National Instrument 51-102, and the Alberta and Ontario Securities Acts.
- In depth knowledge of foreign currency accounting.
- Understanding of Sage X3 would be an asset.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and develop employees.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Ability to develop effective, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search