Our client is an award-winning leader in the home-building industry, with a reputation for innovation and an unwavering commitment to delivering the ultimate home buying and ownership experience. Well-established in the Calgary region, the company is poised to expand its success into new Canadian markets.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and working closely with key department managers, the Project Manager will be responsible for a wide range of projects, spanning every aspect of Excel Homes’ non-construction operations. From showhome development to community designs and launches, and promotions to model updates, the Project Manager will coordinate, monitor and report on critical path milestones, activities and budget elements in order to ensure the successful delivery of all projects.
- Create a detailed work plan and schedule for each non-construction corporate or community project that meets senior management’s objectives, priorities and required timelines;
- Review internal resourcing, keeping senior leadership informed of trouble spots and capacity issues;
- Present capacity planning solutions in advance of major problems, including external resourcing as required, to meet objectives and timelines;
- Act as the sole point of workflow communication, liaising with key stakeholder departments (e.g. Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Construction, Estimation, Drafting) and others to ensure the successful implementation of the organizational workflow;
- Ensure operational deadlines and budgets are met, i.e. milestone events and dates, tasks, meetings and sign offs are completed as outlined, workflow items occur within budget, and handoffs/ deliverables are monitored and confirmed;
- Be accountable for deadlines, with authority to hold other managers accountable;
- Establish industry leading workflow practices and standards, and provide training and support to staff to ensure adoption of the workflow as part of the corporate culture;
- Continually evaluate the workflow process, structure, staff, communication, resources, scheduling, handoffs, etc. and report and recommend improvements that increase efficiencies and capacity, reduce cycle times, and improve customer satisfaction;
- Ensure managers document all key workflow processes in an approved company format;
- Hold weekly workflow meetings to review each department’s progress;
- Provide employee mentorship in analyzing and resolving escalated operational problems.
The Ideal Candidate
- As the ideal candidate, you are highly-organized and solution-oriented, with an aptitude for finding ways to make processes more efficient.
- Your keen understanding of the housing/construction industry allows you to develop business solutions that add value, and to manage change effectively.
- Proactive and self-disciplined, you are a leader with strong initiative and excellent decision-making abilities.
- You thrive in busy, fast-paced environments and continually drive yourself and others to achieve superior results.
- A mentor with the desire to build and grow relationships, you work well independently but are also able to delegate responsibility appropriately.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of 10 years’ career experience, including at least five years in a managerial role;
- A Business Degree or specialized operations Diploma and a PMP or PMC designation are preferred;
- Residential construction experience with a production-oriented builder would be an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to perform sophisticated financial analysis;
- Experience with the latest in project management software;
- A proven ability to lead large scale continuous process improvement initiatives;
- The ability to effectively communicate and report observations to senior management using language that can be easily understood and acted on.
To be considered for this outstanding career opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search