Merit Contractors Association (MCA) provides comprehensive group health benefits, training and human resource tools to support the needs of the construction industry. With over 1,300 member companies who employ more than 40,000 people across Alberta, MCA’s focus is to ensure that every one of its members is set up for success.
This outstanding opportunity is a newly created position that will play a key role in the execution of an ambitious strategic plan designed to drive business growth and expand the organization’s commercial success. Reporting to – and working in close collaboration with – the CEO, the CCO will lead new commercial initiatives, effectively position MCA in the marketplace, and extend the organization’s success through the development of new products, markets, and sales channels.
- Provide strategic leadership in defining the path to growth and enhanced profitability.
- Establish an effective growth process and infrastructure.
- Work collaboratively within and outside the organization to achieve MCA’s overall business goals.
- Develop and implement an effective Sales and Business Development strategy to support the organization’s growth objectives.
- Lead the development and execution of marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Identify and maximize opportunities to extend MCA’s success through market expansions and new product development.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are an executive with well-rounded business expertise and a diverse skill set across the disciplines of sales, marketing, product development, and customer service. Versatile and strategic, you have succeeded in a variety of environments and industries.
Your success was founded on your talent for identifying unique business opportunities, but your greatest strength lies in your ability to develop and execute effective strategies to capitalize on those opportunities, building support with colleagues, customers, and potential partners in order to generate strong results.
Exceptional management and inter-personal skills, combined with a strongly collaborative style, have made you a leader that earns respect at all levels of an organization and gets top-notch results out of both people and projects. An accomplished and empathetic leader, you have successfully built high performing teams and skillfully managed through organizational change.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 15+ years of diverse leadership experience, including experience as the champion for critical growth initiatives.
- Expertise across major functional areas, with particular strength in sales, business development and distribution.
- A track record of successfully developing and implementing initiatives that drive significant new revenue streams and enhanced earnings.
- Demonstrated success in building a caring, compassionate culture
- Proven experience in mentoring, and leading people and teams.
- Strong business acumen, with outstanding analytical, strategic planning, change management and execution skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or other related discipline; MBA would be an asset.
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search