Established in 1980, Peace Hills Trust is Canada’s first and largest First Nations owned federally regulated financial institution, and is also Canada’s only independent Trust Company. Wholly owned by the Samson Cree Nation of Maskwacis, Alberta, the company’s Corporate Office is located in Edmonton.
Peace Hills Trust serves more than 20,000 personal, business and First Nations customers, providing financial services to most regions of Canada through a network of eight Regional Offices.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Edmonton-based commercial account manager to expand their professional success while playing a significant role in Peace Hills Trust’s continued growth in the region.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and leading a small team, the Manager, Commercial Lending will identify and develop high-quality commercial lending opportunities within a broad range of industries to build and grow a diverse and resilient loans portfolio.
- Source, develop and grow relationships with new and existing commercial and retail customers in the region.
- Actively network in the business community and with individuals to grow a sound, profitable loan portfolio.
- Identify, negotiate, underwrite and present high quality loan proposals that meet PHT’s policy and guidelines.
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Manager to achieve asset growth and profitability targets.
- Develop and demonstrate a high level of understanding and knowledge of PHT’s products and services.
- Ongoing management of relationships and overall credit portfolio, including PCAMLTF legislative requirements, loan draw files, renewals and annual reviews, financial statement analysis and market trends.
- Demonstrate sound administration skills in risk management and account service by implementing appropriate follow up and control procedures, including loan arrears management.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Account Managers and Loans Administrator, ensuring an effective and productive team environment.
- Protect company assets by ensuring compliance with PHT requirements including security, control and reporting procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are a resourceful and entrepreneurial business development professional with deep experience in commercial financing solutions. Confident, outgoing and detail-oriented, the key to your success has been the network of professional contacts you have developed to help keep you informed about potential new projects and opportunities. Known for your high level of integrity and accountability, you have earned the respect and loyalty of your clients and co-workers alike.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 8 – 10+ years’ experience in commercial underwriting.
- Demonstrated success in prospecting, business development, sales, and client development.
- An excellent understanding of commercial lending services, including assessment of risk, financial analysis, and credit structuring / solutions.
- Mature business and financial acumen.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- A relevant post-secondary degree or diploma would be an asset.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search