Western Management Consultants (WMC)
Western Management Consultants (WMC) is an independent Canadian management consulting firm with offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Toronto. Since WMC’s inception in 1975, the firm has grown in size and stature. With over 40 full-time professionals, the firm offers an array of management consulting services to private and public sector clients across Canada.
WMC’s expertise lies in Leadership, Transformation and Strategy. This expertise is afforded to clients through an array of uncommon resources who deliver exceptional value. The overwhelming majority of WMC consultants possess over 20 years of consulting experience and this shows in their work. There is a quiet confidence in their manner and they consistently deliver.
WMC pride themselves on the quality of their work and the attention to detail that goes into all aspects of their consulting and client relationships. They offer expertise only in those areas where they have proven competence and do not seek or accept work where they don’t have the required resources or capabilities. The degree of repeat business and ongoing client relationships WMC enjoys is due to the quality of work they deliver and the degree of client satisfaction with the results accomplished.
WMC is a strong supporter of the Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CAMC), Canada’s single voice for management consulting. A number of WMC’s professional staff are members and subscribe rules of professional conduct and Code of Ethics the CAMC endorses.
Based in Calgary, Alberta, the Affiliate management consultant will have full access to the office facilities and support services of WMC’s centrally-located Calgary office. The Affiliate joins a team of professionals each functioning as independent management consultants possessing and providing their own set of skills and expertise, but collectively working together to grow the business and collaborate for optimum client service and benefit.
To their Affiliates, WMC offers “our brand, our support, our people, our independence, our business networks and our culture”.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR ME IS …
- I want to run my own consulting practice/business
- I want to determine the work that I do
- I want flexibility and full control over my consulting practice
- I ‘enjoy the hunt’ (business development)
BUT I NEED…
- An association to a proven and established professional brand/image/reputation
- The ability to access and work with leaders in the management consulting industry
- Doors opened for my practice (clients, practice area and knowledge sharing)
- A support network (full business services and office boardroom infrastructure)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Successful Affiliates are not people looking for “a job” , rather, they are skilled practitioners and relationship builders who seek to grow their own scope of practice and wealth.
You have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to sell and do work you find in a very rewarding environment. You want to grow your consulting business in a national firm surrounded by like-minded professionals. You’re passionate about client success and enjoy working in a fun and dynamic business environment. Fundamentally, the ideal Affiliate candidate possesses, strong work ethic, thrives on challenges, and is genuinely dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
Affiliates are implementation and results-oriented ‘generalists’ but possess expertise in one or, preferably , more of the following areas; Strategy, Business Process Improvement, Change Management, Organizational Development, Project Management, Executive Search, Policy and Governance, Governance, Information Technology, Human Resource Management, Leadership Development, and Strategic Management.
ELEMENTS FOR AFFILIATE SUCCESS
- Self-driven and dedication to client-service.
- Effectively work as an independent consultant and as a member of a team.
- Strong relationship building skills to interact with clients, colleagues and the community.
- Intuitive understanding of the client proposition and business value.
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience in structuring and developing compelling proposals.
- Experience selling consulting services or experience selling in a consultative environment.
- Very capable and comfortable with written, digital and verbal communications.
- Comfortable working within a deadline driven environment.
- A Degree or Diploma within the scope of Business Management (HR, Finance, International Business, Marketing, Sales, Strategic Planning, IT, Project Management…etc.).
- Supplemental education or designation is an asset; e.g. MBA, CET, P.Eng., PMP, CPHR, CMC
Experienced and dedicated full-time Affiliates can expect to earn a very rewarding income.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
This document may be subject to change.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO APPLY CONTACT: