Our client, is based in Edmonton, Alberta. The organization is relatively small but influential public body that provides administration, procedural, regulatory, and governance support to a key municipal service for the City of Edmonton.
The Strategic Policy & Research Analyst, reporting directly to the Executive Director, will join a core team of dedicated professionals committed to ensuring the continuous improvement, adherence and application of process and policy, based on the best known relevant international practices.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Policy & Procedure Development & Maintenance:
- Monitor and stay abreast of best practices with respect to policy, governance oversight across Canada, the United States and the Commonwealth.
- Identify potential gaps to current local policy and procedures, and propose recommendations for improvement to the Executive Director.
Specific & Current Affairs / Trend Research:
- Responding to specific requests pertaining to policy or procedural application or interpretation, conduct research to validate or recommend actions.
- Monitor and stay abreast of current affairs and trends in the industry, and provide effective reporting on the same.
Writing & Administrative Support:
- Writing and editing policies, letters, procedures, reports, briefing notes and other governance and communications related materials and documents.
- Interacting with various municipal, agency, provincial and other organizational stakeholders.
- Provide support to data, documents and materials management as may be required.
- A Post-Secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree in public administration, business administration, communications, journalism, or a related policy and research discipline.
- 5+ years working in a senior administrative capacity within an organization structure preferably consisting of a Board of Directors or Governors.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Seasoned in administrative support procedures and protocols.
- Outstanding clear and creative writing skills to various executive audiences and public.
- Effective communication skills.
- High level of experience writing and editing workplace policies, news releases, reports, briefing notes, presentations, and speaking notes.
- Strong knowledge and use of; Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Documents. Some knowledge of posting to websites would be preferred.
- Embrace and apply professional edict at all times.
- Good knowledge of governance.
- Maturity to engage in confidential matters.
- Proactive, innovative, and anticipatory.
- Maintains high standards; strives for leading edge.
- Able to function independently and collaboratively in teams.
- Sound judgement and critical decision making based on solid professional experience.
- Willingness to contribute to deadlines.
- Thorough, well organized, and detailed in execution.
NOTE: A condition of employment will be the full compliance and satisfactory completion of a criminal records and enhanced security clearance check.
Expressions of interest and resume may be sent in confidence to: