Located in the heart of Jasper National Park, a renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site, Marmot Basin and the Jasper SkyTram are two of the most popular destinations in the Rocky Mountains, attracting 380,000 visitors each year. In the winter months, Marmot offers skiers and snowboarders 696 hectares of skiable terrain with a wide variety of runs, from notice to expert, on five mountain faces. During the summer, the Jasper SkyTram, Canada’s highest and longest guided aerial tramway, crests Whistlers Mountain to provide a breathtaking view of the Rocky Mountains.
Jasper, Alberta is a small alpine town with a permanent population of 5,000 that swells to around 20,000 with tourists and seasonal staff during the peak summer months. With snow-capped mountains, glacier-fed lakes, forests, and rivers, the area offers residents an unparalleled year-round outdoor lifestyle.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an up-and-coming IT professional to align their career aspirations with their love of the mountains and an active, outdoor lifestyle while contributing to the continued success of two iconic Rocky Mountain attractions.
This position offers a highly competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, free annual ski passes, and a 25% discount at the Marmot and SkyTram retail stores. Temporary housing is available to ease the successful candidate’s transition to Jasper.
Working in collaboration with the Business Systems Administrator, you will:
- Build and maintain hardware and software solutions to support end users, meet operational needs, and deliver exceptional guest experiences,
- Install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, storage, etc. to achieve operational requirements and project specifications,
- Ensure the integrity, security, and ongoing performance of data storage and backup systems,
- Manage user accounts by creating, updating, and removing access as necessary,
- Constantly monitor and assess systems to ensure that processes are operating as designed,
- Troubleshoot errors and resolve system issues,
- Maintain internet connection, firewall, and monitoring security tools.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you have a well-rounded knowledge of a wide range of technology systems and infrastructure, combined with the drive and initiative that will allow you to continue to learn and grow in your career. Dependable and hard-working, your attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence make you a valued member of any team that seeks to deliver exceptional service.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post secondary technical degree, technical certifications, or a comparable combination of education and experience,
- Two or more years of direct, customer-facing work experience in Systems Administration is preferred,
- Strong understanding of backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools,
- Microsoft Office 365 suite experience,
- Able to interpret the operational needs of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders,
- Able to write clear and accurate technical documentation,
- Effective deadline management and project management skills,
- Knowledge of service level agreements and customer service standards,
- Able to work outside in a wide range of temperatures and ski beginner-rated runs with a light backpack containing gear.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search