Cornerstone Co-op is a member-owned Co-operative with 24 locations in eight North Eastern Alberta communities. With more than 30,000 members and 400 employees, it is a cornerstone of the communities they serve: St. Paul, Elk Point, Two Hills, Mannville, Dewberry, Vermilion, Wainwright and Provost. To learn more about Cornerstone, visit www.cornerstonecoop.crs.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a valued member of the Cornerstone Co-op team by providing leadership for the day-to-day operations of their retail Home Centre in St. Paul, Alberta. Reporting to the Associate Director of Business Operations and leading a team of 30-45 employees, the position offers a highly competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
- Provide leadership and direction across the areas of People, Financial, Market Growth, Sustainability, Operational Excellence and Safety.
- Be responsible for communication, planning, organizing, implementation and execution in the business operations.
- Lead by example to create a positive and productive culture within the team.
- Ensure employee development and succession planning is a high priority for the future.
- Build strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Engage and interact with member-owners and customers to provide outstanding Co-op experiences.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards, and applicable laws and regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced retail manager with a talent for organization, efficiency and delivering results. Proactive and team-oriented, you have a gift for developing your employees’ skills and building a culture focused on exceptional customer service.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience leading a large team of employees in a busy and complex retail environment.
- Experience within the Co-op Retailing System or in a retail home centre would be an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience with lumber, building materials and hardware.
- Expertise in strategic planning, executing production, and implementing new processes and procedures to drive continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computer programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Available to work in a retail environment that is open 7 days a week.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search