Our client, FIRMA Foreign Exchange Corporation, is one of the largest, non-bank Canadian currency brokers with office locations across Canada, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia and USA. The company provides small to medium-sized businesses with customized foreign exchange and global payment solutions that exceeded $4Billion in value last year. The company’s mission is to “Improve the future of our clients by liberating people from the complexity of global currency”. FIRMA offers their customers solutions including international wire transfers, drafts, forwards contracts, payables services and exclusive market information.
Located in Edmonton, Alberta and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Strategy Director, will support strategic planning and execution across the organization. Through relationships, communications, and analysis among the Management Team, the Strategy Director will provide perspective that will help advancing Corporate Strategy planning and implementation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Engage in planning and development of aligning company objectives, long-range and strategic plans.
- Conduct special projects, research, analysis, or studies for the senior management team.
- Assist management team with developing tactical plans to help advance components of the strategic plan.
- Prepare a variety of analysis to support and assist in formulation of strategic and operational plans.
- Provide reports to the management team and or CFO on strategy execution noting bottlenecks, suggested redeployment of capital or personnel and track KPIs on strategy execution.
- Assess potential risks and issues that could delay or prevent execution of the strategic plan.
- Identify and share best practices across all functional areas of the business to promote the execution of corporate strategy.
- Maintain knowledge of all areas of the business and strategic planning and maintain and monitor balanced scorecard.
- Foster cooperation and consensus toward achieving strategy integration and implementation.
- Work collaboratively with various managers and departments to find answers to core strategic issues / gaps.
- Modify existing or create and propose new templates, processes, systems, and tools to make strategic management more efficient and effective for all areas of the company.
- Champion transparency and accountability relative strategy implementation.
Qualifications, Requirements & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma level education in Management / Business Systems, Business Strategy, Communications, or related studies / programs in Change Management or Strategic Compliance.
- 7+ years corporate level planning and execution / implementation.
- Experience and maturity in analyzing and organizing data for due diligence with respect to a potential company sale or acquisition (i.e. data / prospectus analysis, financial / business modelling,
- Balanced scorecard application experience (Kaplan & Norton’s an asset).
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Capacity to function productively amid ambiguity.
- Ability to function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Mastered in the art of leading without having to ‘take charge or command control”.
- Executive and leadership presence.
- Highly organized with great attention to accuracy and detail.
- Can facilitate communications and mediate solutions among senior personnel on strategic implementation.
- Strong computer literacy with respect to data management; analysis, analytics, metrics, compilation, and presentation (reporting).
- A relationship builder, influencer and trusted advisor.
- Confident to engage and be engaged.
- Perceptive and intuitive.
- Patient and persistent.
- Respectful of others.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
This document may be subject to change.
Expressions of interest, resumes or questions regarding this opportunity should be communicated to: