Established in 1990, RHK is a privately-owned company dedicated to manufacturing and servicing hydraulic cylinders. Based in Edmonton, Alberta, RHK has built the reputation for delivering high quality products and service to a wide range of client’s worldwide in industries such as oil & gas, construction, agriculture, heavy machinery, forestry, mining, transportation and utilities.
RHK’s Quality Assurance program is registered to the international ISO 9001:2008 standard for design, manufacture and service of our products. RHK has also maintained ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Standard, and the international certification, ISO OHSAS 18001:2007 for Occupational Health and Safety.
- Work with CEO and management team to help revise, develop, refine, enhance and guide RHK’s people management and support policies, processes, and systems.
- Advise CEO and management team on organizational matters related to employee relations, employee engagement, discipline, training, recruitment, records, and other people matters.
- Manage, advise and support throughout all phases of recruiting including development and updating of existing job descriptions; determining recruiting strategies, interviewing and selection, drafting offer letters, communication of selection decisions to candidates.
- Develop, collect, compile, analyze, interpret and report on human resource metrics.
- Conduct incident and complaint investigations.
- Participate in negotiation, issue identification, and resolution in compliance with legislation.
- Coach management team and supervisors on appropriate courses of action where appropriate.
- Participation in annual reviews, individual performance plans, tracking due dates for performance evaluations and follow up with supervisors and managers.
- Administer compensation and benefits program.
- Identify opportunities for employee management improvement.
- Advise staff on benefit eligibility and monitor enrollment.
- File and track claims as required (STD, WCB).
- Implement records retention policies in line with all Employment Standards and Privacy legislation.
- Participate in the management and implementation of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assurance System.
Health & Safety
- Provide administrative support for the company’s safety program; meetings and initiatives, support the development and implementation of safety policies and procedures, relevant employee safety training and records management.
- Support the company’s Certificate of Recognition program.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Post-secondary training in Human Resources with seven or more years demonstrated experience.
- Strong knowledge of performance management, organizational development, compensation practices, and applicable Federal and Provincial Standards, Regulations and Legislation.
- Significant experience in employee relations.
- Claims management experience.
- Health and Safety training and education (preferred Peer Auditor Status).
- Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with internal and external relationships.
Compensation will be commensurate upon experience. Salary and benefits.
NOTE: Final Candidates may undertake Background Checks and Drug & Alcohol Testing.
For further information or to apply, please contact: